Took a chance - bought a GX CS3

I'm saving up for an Alkin, but in the meantime I wanted something to supplement my Shoebox which is getting up there in years. It's still a workhorse, but it's slow and I wanted something for when my tanks start getting low and I need a few hours to fill them. 

Anyways - ordered a GX CS3 compressor from Amazon (yes Odoyle - I got the 4 year Assurion warranty). At least when it breaks I'm covered for a while. 

Delivered today and very easy setup. Fans are louder than the pump running. Did a quick solid job filling my 350cc Leshiy 2 tank from 200 bar up to 250 in a couple of minutes. I'll try filling my 90ci paintball tank later to see how it does. Not sure what else I can say, I'm playing the Chinese compressor lottery and hopefully they've gotten things figured out with this generation.

CS3 - 1.1609267132.jpeg

... a dairy? It should keep working till the cows come home 😋😇

I have one and can help you if you need to take it down for maintenance or trouble shooting. I have had mine apart down to components level. I made the mistake of too much lube and had oil build up in the output block. The pump was blowing bubbles and making funny noises. Long story short, I induced the problem and then fixed the problem.

Follow the directions and it should last you quite a while.

Shoot'em good!

Jim - thank you. This one is dated Nov. 2020 and the Amazon description clearly states an updated version that no longer need the grease addition. I'm not sure what they did or how it will effect longevity, but I did notice that the air output when filling a 90ci Ninja tank from ~1500 up to around 3500 where I stopped it manually (maybe 15 minutes runtime) the air coming out the front was very very warm. I mean really close to what I would call hot. I left the fan running for a good 10 minutes and the air was still pretty warm coming out. As well the whole outside casing was quite warm too. 

My first thought is for the noise these fans make a lot more air should moving. They'd be better off with larger (which - quieter) 5 - 6" fans front and back and air flow would be better. I can see there's not much room in the case, in which case I would be fine with an externally mounted fan in the front that stuck out ~1.5". Overall I believe lack of air flow will be the cause of unneeded heat which will lead to faster wear on the high side piston. 

Direct filling guns is what this is made for and that'll be its use. Especially for the Huben. It needs 170-190 bar setting to really shine with the right slugs. Even from a full 9L tank you won't get many fills that even take it over 250 bar. This little guy pumped it right up to 300 bar in about 2 minutes.

Harry - I'm sorry but I don't own any cows. 🐄 🐄

For longevity sake, I suggest that you run the pumps without load after the fill is complete. Ideally, you stop the process rather than the preset dial, and let the pressure out of the hose while the motor is running so there is not a hot spot created on the piston or cylinder.

I got too smart for my britches and found on GTA and here were people thought an oil lube unit would last longer than the amazon grease lube unit. I created more problems by canceling my amazon order (the seller was very gracious, by the way) and getting the oil bath unit from Flying Dragon Air Rifles. Mike at FDAR has treated me well and gone out of his way to try to help when I got myself in a jam. I learned a lot about the machine by taking it apart... and now when it breaks it is my fault :)

I did get a YH for the large fill jobs, but the portability and the no water bucket makes this unit my go-to for spontaneous fills and for trips to the range.

my GX CS2 is still chugging along, it works great, I don't use it to fill tanks, just guns only, it's been since June that I bought it, and has about 200 fills on it, I don't use it every day just weekends when I get to go shooting so It's had an easy life so far..... 
1f44d.svg

This is good to know that you haven't had any issues. I had the wife and kids get me one for Christmas and did my first fill. It was a welcome to not have to use the hand pump anymore.

I'm saving up for an Alkin, but in the meantime I wanted something to supplement my Shoebox which is getting up there in years. It's still a workhorse, but it's slow and I wanted something for when my tanks start getting low and I need a few hours to fill them. 

Anyways - ordered a GX CS3 compressor from Amazon (yes Odoyle - I got the 4 year Assurion warranty). At least when it breaks I'm covered for a while. 

Delivered today and very easy setup. Fans are louder than the pump running. Did a quick solid job filling my 350cc Leshiy 2 tank from 200 bar up to 250 in a couple of minutes. I'll try filling my 90ci paintball tank later to see how it does. Not sure what else I can say, I'm playing the Chinese compressor lottery and hopefully they've gotten things figured out with this generation.

CS3 - 1.1609267132.jpeg

itshooter good luck, my gxcs3 only reached 3000 the first time, then it went tp 2650, then 1900, so I returned it. I too really wanted a vertical alkin but went with the Hill EC3000 and will upgrade my rifle with the savings. We are all in this for the fun and hopefully the compressor quality will catch up with the pcp rifles.

I hope the Hill EC3000 is working out for you. 

So far so good with the CS3. Only pumping guns directly. I could tell about 15 minutes into filling my 90 ci (~ 1.5 L) tank that it was a bad idea. The pump gets pretty hot when running 15 minutes. So I think not doing tank and only filling guns will help with the longevity. 

I picked up a vibration hour meter so I can at least keep track of runtime. It surprises me there is no 25 hour or 100 hour maintenance to do.

ctshooter, Sorry to hear your not satisfied, sounds familiar though, it does not use lubricant to transfer friction so its going to get hot. I only tried filling a rifle and it got hot before filling. The EC3000 fills my 300 rifle cylinder from 160 to 250 bar in 1:15, but it is only a 300 bar compressor. But just plug and go, no voltage box with alligator clamps etc. maybe you could return it like i did mine 

I'm gonna take my chances on it for now. It doesn't seem to get too hot when I fill the 350cc bottle on my Leshiy 2 and it is able to pump it right up to 300 bar. 

I went with the Assurion 4 year warranty from Amazon, so I'll be getting my money's worth one way or another. :D

I've been doing what JimNM said - run the pump no load before and after filling. At first the pump was generating a bit of a burny kinda smell. It's becoming less strong as is runs so maybe just lubrication from assembly. 

Maybe they've got new high-tech space age seals made from synthetic teflon derivatives developed on the ISS. LOL!

I look at it this way. Each time I start the compressor it is one run closer to a certain death at the most inconvenient time. 

CTShooter - I offered to help Grandadmorgan with his pump problem, but he decided to take the return rather than twist a wrench on a new item. His call, but I do frown on people who must piss on another's decisions. I had the same issue with mine as grandadmorgan did, the pressure would not reach 1500 psi after the first session. There is a small grease catching check valve that often times needs a quick removal and wipe then re-inserted. In all, less than 5 mins for a one time fix to remedy the issue. I can point out the video and the time stamp where I learned the trick, or I could talk you through with or without pictures. Your call amigo. 

Enjoy your pump, life is too short to worry about the little stuff. It is much more rewarding for me to find and fix little issues, 

I too bought the GX CS3 back in May of last year, it was only used up to 200 bar on an Evanix max ML, then it started making crackling / popping sounds and the glass on the gauge took on a crazed appearance before splitting right across. The seller just sent a replacement which I tried earlier today and the fans come on very slowly before ramping up to speed (my original unit fans ramped up straight away) then after pressing the start button nothing happens, it will not start up....

I have tried turning the adjuster on the gauge all the way down, up and back to the 200 bar set point but still nothing, am currently fighting with the seller via Email, sending videos etc and all I am getting from him is 'we sell quality product, we no understand why you mad? it cost us lot of money to send you this replacement'.

My reply, was 'check them before you send them out!".

Knock-wood I just hit 10 hours on this compressor. Been only using it for direct gun fills. Mostly a Leshiy 2 with 350cc tank and my Huben up to 300 bar most every time. 

Following advice above I have been running the pump for about 2 minutes no load before and after each run. This seems like it has been effective at controlling moisture as I changed the cotton pads in the little high-pressure side ebay filter and other than a little discoloration they were basically dry. 

I just got one of these as well, and its just for my Leshiy 2 with a VERY small tank on it... i think its 180cc. I love this setup as i can keep the pump in the house, disconnect the back of the leshiy, and a few minutes later I am shooting in the back yard again. I bought it from Amazon and did get both the coupon and the 4 year assurion warranty. I have had a lot of luck with Assurion over the years, so I figure it was a risk, but not a huge one. I guarantee they will get an email or call from me at least once in the next 4 years....lol.

The only reason I did this is that Humdinger lives quite close and said he can fill my big tank with air for a few coins and then I have the best of both worlds. I may end up buying something better and bigger and faster in the next little while, but who knows.