Other Truth behind Macavity Arms Prototype Airgun

I also like their design. I printed several different baffle types that fit snuggly in the factory moderator. They do reduce the sound quite a bit, though not as completely as the fully printed one. I will purchase one that Macavity designs and offers as soon as it is available most likely. I should have an inexpensive DB meter here in the next day and will try to test a little more accurately. No moderator, factory moderator, factory moderator with 3D printed baffles and full 3D printed moderator.
Last post on this. .25 long barrel MA2 Genesis model. Avg DB of 5 shots each. no moderator 83.9 DB. Factory moderator 82.4 db. Factory moderator w/baffles 76.6 DB, 3D printed moderator 80.6 db. Will continue to use the factory moderator and keep my fingers crossed that Macavity releases a baffle kit of their own that can be retrofitted to the mod they have on the Genesis.

Reactions: PumaCarl
As a beginner I was wondering how Macavity decided that the JSB Match Diabolo Exact was the recommended pellet. Is it based on a product design spec such as the magazine shape and size? Or just a generalization of a previously highly recommended pellet? I am just curious as to whether I just trust them or actually start trying other brands, types and weights. I have had decent groupings at various distances with the JSBs. But I really hate to end up with a bunch of partially used tins that do not perform the same.

How do the more experienced Airgunners on the group go about deciding which one to use as I could see just buying and trying getting very tiresome and expensive.

Found this pic in another thread and it is exactly what I would like to avoid.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 2.58.11 PM.png

Last edited: