Airgun Technologies Uragan 2 incoming

Hey guys just ordered a Uragan 2 700mm in .25 and should be here next week! :cool: Need some advice on what slugs are accurate with this rifle. I have 31g H&N Grizzlies and an array of NSA slugs 29.5g, 33.5g, and 34.9g. Has anyone tried any of these slugs? My Artemis M11 shoots Grizzlies very well but the speeds are a bit low around 800fps and this gun will be shooting noticeably hotter.

The scope I'm using is a Discovery HT 4-16x44 ffp and need help on what size scope rings to get. Seems like the picatinny rail is raised a good amount above the barrel, would low rings work (.97inch) or should I get medium (1.25in)?

Also want to give a shout out to Tony at Talon Tunes he went above and beyond to help me and is highly recommended. (y)

Hey guys just ordered a Uragan 2 700mm in .25 and should be here next week! :cool: Need some advice on what slugs are accurate with this rifle. I have 31g H&N Grizzlies and an array of NSA slugs 29.5g, 33.5g, and 34.9g. Has anyone tried any of these slugs? My Artemis M11 shoots Grizzlies very well but the speeds are a bit low around 800fps and this gun will be shooting noticeably hotter.

The scope I'm using is a Discovery HT 4-16x44 ffp and need help on what size scope rings to get. Seems like the picatinny rail is raised a good amount above the barrel, would low rings work (.97inch) or should I get medium (1.25in)?

Also want to give a shout out to Tony at Talon Tunes he went above and beyond to help me and is highly recommended. (y)
Congrats, I would call or text Tony with those questions. He was very responsive to my questions and obviously knows the AGT rifles very well. I've got a U2 .25 600mm and haven't tried slugs in it since it shoots pellets so well at my shorter ranges.

Reactions: Dairyboy
got my uragan 2 from Tony also,

mine loves the 32gn javelin gen 2 slugs,
but right now i have the reg turned down
and am running the 26gn fx hybrid slugs at 975fps starlings go.......POP!

i have medium rings on mine,
low was too low to get a good sight picture.

so it probably wouldnt be right of me to tease you with any uragan pictures then,right? ;) haha

Congrats man! The Uragan 2 should be leaps and bounds better in terms of build quality compared to your M11. Unfortunately I can’t help answer your other questions but I’m sure someone here will chime in. Post some pics of the rifle and groups when you get a chance.
Absolutely I’ll start another thread once I can test out my ammo.

Reactions: Buck_Wild
Congrats, I would call or text Tony with those questions. He was very responsive to my questions and obviously knows the AGT rifles very well. I've got a U2 .25 600mm and haven't tried slugs in it since it shoots pellets so well at my shorter ranges.
Tony’s a pleasure to deal with but unfortunately was real busy at work today so I couldn’t give him a call. I actually never tried pellets with my M11….once I saw how slugs buck the wind at 100 yards I was hooked.

Reactions: Hornclayton

so it probably wouldnt be right of me to tease you with any uragan pictures then,right? ;) haha
Thanks for the tip about medium rings I’ll have to order them. I was gonna reach out to Tony next week but need to order rings asap so I can use the rifle when it comes in.

The Uragan is a sweet looking rifle that’s part of the reason I bought it so post away! 🤘 It was a hard decision between carbon fiber and green laminate but went with the latter.

I’m tempted to buy an Uragan 2….pics please!
Absolutely I’ll start another thread once I can test out my ammo.
I’m looking forward to it 👍

Thanks for the tip about medium rings I’ll have to order them. I was gonna reach out to Tony next week but need to order rings asap so I can use the rifle when it comes in.

The Uragan is a sweet looking rifle that’s part of the reason I bought it so post away! 🤘 It was a hard decision between carbon fiber and green laminate but went with the latter.

oooohhh,good choice!!

it was mine as well ;)

20231021_225825.jpg

oooohhh,good choice!!

it was mine as well ;)

View attachment 457306
What a slick looking rifle! Btw how loud is it and do you use a moderator? I ordered an eagle vision 1/2" moderator adapter so I'll have to comment on that when it comes in a week or two. I usually take my pcp's deer or turkey hunting when an occasional other animal/bird comes in so I try to be as quiet as possible. Makes hunting more fun imo and doesn't spook the deer or turkey.

Congratulations.

I am positive it is going to be a super rifle.

Please share experience !!
I will definitely post my thoughts on the rifle good or bad. Have to say I miss the old Yellow Forum as it was a treasure trove of info on airguns! Some of us have older airguns and it's a shame that info is lost. But this forum is basically the successor so the more we can contribute, the better we can help others. (y)

Reactions: djna
My 600 mm Uragan 2 in .25 cal. It loves FX 34 gr pellets @ 895 fps. At 60 ft lbs and with only the minimal Huma mod 40 (2 pieces , muzzle and endcap) it just goes psssst. The pellet hitting the target is a good bit louder.

View attachment 457423
Didn’t realize the 600mm is shooting that hot thought it was detuned a bit more. I also have a STO Falx on the way probably overkill, but wasn’t sure if my Donny Koi would cut it. Btw gun looks great with that synthetic stock. 👍

Vulcans and Uragans are, doubtless, among the very, very, very best rifles you can buy.

Built like a tank and reliable as gravity law.
Many people say how they’re robust guns that also swayed me to get one.

I’ll test that one out….we’ll see if it holds zero after taking it for a bumpy quad ride to my hunting spots.

All pneumatic equipment need to be treated with care.
Don’t be mistaken I treat all my guns with care.

Putting an air rifle on a good gun rack and driving them slowly to my hunting spots isn’t exactly careless imo. I’ve had no problems with my M11’s doing this for many years and they’ve stayed spot on.

Reactions: Emu