What did you do airgun related today.

I just finished tuning my Notos pistol version. Happy with current set up, gets 35+ shots with slight over fill to 3800 psi. Using JSB 14.35 nets 13 fpe (642 f/s).

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

What did you do today?

Sort pellets?
Mount a scope?
Shoot a rifle you have not had out in awhile?
Checked some seals?
Checked to make sure all screws are tight?
You name it.

I’m trying to stay away from the buy/receive haha
This thread is to promote what you already have.

——-

I took my Pard NV008 off my Notos and put it on my P35 25 cal. I zeroed using my ZB mount to my required distances. I also set up a camera to alert me to the critters I’m after. There are some larger critters that need some lead at night. I also plan on installing the plenum and barrel kit as well as some buck rail stuff on the

I worked at my local airgun shop.

Reactions: Genob
I stripped the crosman 2260 that came in destroyed thanks to usps, and used the tube and my shrouded multi shot breech/barrel kit to top it off. Dropped into a modified k98 stock. Debating on getting a safepac and going pcp, but I will run the 20 or so 12 gram carts I have left before that.

1000007197.jpg

Ordered a new valve since this 2260 was bulk fill. Cut and crowned the bent 2260 barrel too. Came out to 12.5", so now suppose I gotta make a pistol now!

Ended up pulling apart a RWS Mendoza RM 2003 break barrel. It was given to me as it was shooting badly. Two coils broken off on the main spring, pivot bolt with c-clip was replaced with a bolt and lock nut on the cocking lever. The furniture was carved out to accommodate the redneck repair. LOL
I had to pull apart the trigger assembly to take it apart.
It's turning into a nightmare! HaHaHa

I shot a Zan 177 10gr slug into 20% gel after zeroing the rifle. 18 yards. Should be around 950 FPS, I'll check tomorrow.

They are coming out the barrel in the 970’s.

the scope is zeroed at 18 yards for my bird feeder defense. I was shooting at my KYL spinner at 30 yards last night. It’s a 2 mil hold under at that distance. I hit the 1” and 3/4” targets a few times. I shot and hit the 1/4” target once, that was good enough so I packed it up for the evening haha

...shot the new 28.55 grain .22 cal jumbo monsters in the Ghost HP...

...it is shooting 18.13 JSB's @ 987 FPS (@ 39.23 FPE) and averaged 834 FPS with the 28.55 grain pellets (@ 44.11 FPE) at the same power settings...

...the power wheel is set at minimum...the regulator is set somewhere between 100-110...
So... Did they shoot any more accurately than 25.4 MRDs or 18s?

So... Did they shoot any more accurately than 25.4 MRDs or 18s?
...I'll have to get upta camp to find out...I am in a very compromised (shooting) position...I don't have any place to set up a proper bench rest here...

...I don't think I could really tell shooting off a tripod set well back from a second story window...it is a bit dicey even putting out an obvious target...

...so is shooting more than one or two shots in secession...
didn't look like there was a speed adjustment

...indeed not, but I will eventually experiment with that when in more favorable conditions...44 FPE is enough for now and more than we are getting with the 18's at the same setting...

...it is pretty clear even in a low state of tune the Ghost HP is better suited for heavy pellets...

Last edited:
I took a chipmunk this morning with the Dreamtac at 50 yards, give or take, using a JSB 8.44gr .177 pellet traveling at about 860 fps from the muzzle. He was standing on top of my woodpile with his back to me. Clean shot to the base of the skull, exiting the throat. Not bad for the first shot of the day. I had been shooting my lightest tune for 7.87gr pellets (6.25 fpe) for several months, which requires the lightest hammer strike and the transfer port on low. This was an awesome test of switching to a different tune on the fly and making the shot. No test shots or sighters, just dial the tune and shoot.