What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

I study patterns - As I look at sooo many of our targets I can’t help but notice more drift to the left which is always a “thing” with right hand shooters as right hand flexion dominance pulls things ever so slightly to the left - especially if no right to left wind is present. Look at our cards and see if you notice it also.
Hello @cavedweller

I believe you are correct, at least from most of my paper targets. I just looked at about a dozen targets that I have recently shot and I saw a lot to the left POI's. However most of those targets had wind associated with them. I used to always write down not only the wind speed but also the wind direction in relation to my shooting position. Unfortunately I don't record the direction any longer so I cannot tell for sure if the wind was a factor. Not shooting competitively any longer and shooting just for fun here on my own ranges, I do not pay that close of attention to the flags. Surely something a shooter needs to consider.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

OK taking into consideration what @cavedweller stated about right handed shooters, I paid extra close attention today. I did over compensate a bit on the first three shots but settled in on the remaining seventeen targets. I also paid close attention to the wind velocity and direction which was 5 to 10 mph and at the 2 o’clock direction relative to my position. I tried to shoot with the Center Reticle Dot just a hair to the right of the vertical cross line.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph @ 2 O’clock

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.182.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK taking into consideration what @cavedweller stated about right handed shooters, I paid extra close attention today. I did over compensate a bit on the first three shots but settled in on the remaining seventeen targets. I also paid close attention to the wind velocity and direction which was 5 to 10 mph and at the 2 o’clock direction relative to my position. I tried to shoot with the Center Reticle Dot just a hair to the right of the vertical cross line.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph @ 2 O’clock

ThomasT
View attachment 464601
I think cavedweller is on to something as you are....by the last row Thomas you were DEAD CENTER on each bullseye! A most excellent card! 🤗

I think cavedweller is on to something as you are....by the last row Thomas you were DEAD CENTER on each bullseye! A most excellent card! 🤗
Hello @Ranchibi

I believe you are correct, shooting this card felt good.

ThomasT