• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Why is .25 not really .25?

If you can shoot at those targets, you can shoot at a coyote.
Call them in to that range and pew pew.
I'm not well versed, but I do know they can't resist a good gut pile. Add a distress call and you're pretty much guaranteed to see one.
Whenever I get a rabbit I leave the guts out and there's a yote at it every time. Haven't taken one yet, but I'm experimenting and working towards it.
I was lucky enough to score a covert optics (armasight) thermal scope for $200 when they were having a blowout sale, and I'm sold on the technology.
If you can afford around $2k for a thermal, that's a good entry level. If not, around $600 is a good entry level for NV, and if that's too expensive, you can always just use a red flashlight. Predators aren't as sensitive to red light.
There are some good coyote hunting groups on Facebook. ✌️😊

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
If you can shoot at those targets, you can shoot at a coyote.
Call them in to that range and pew pew.
I'm not well versed, but I do know they can't resist a good gut pile. Add a distress call and you're pretty much guaranteed to see one.
Whenever I get a rabbit I leave the guts out and there's a yote at it every time. Haven't taken one yet, but I'm experimenting and working towards it.
I was lucky enough to score a covert optics (armasight) thermal scope for $200 when they were having a blowout sale, and I'm sold on the technology.
If you can afford around $2k for a thermal, that's a good entry level. If not, around $600 is a good entry level for NV, and if that's too expensive, you can always just use a red flashlight. Predators aren't as sensitive to red light.
There are some good coyote hunting groups on Facebook. ✌️😊
Really thinking I probably shall give it a try. NV, that has been on my list for some time. Still sorting out this PCP addiction. Was always curious on the Huben and the price was right to check out hands on. Don't Huben K1's and coyotes go together? ;) ;)

Reactions: RIshooter
Really thinking I probably shall give it a try. NV, that has been on my list for some time. Still sorting out this PCP addiction. Was always curious on the Huben and the price was right to check out hands on. Don't Huben K1's and coyotes go together? ;) ;)
Honestly, with a 25 you'll need some really good shot placement... better get a head shot within 50 yards or you'll just cause them suffering.
30 cal head or heart/ lung shot and they're going down up to around 100 yards or so.
Not speaking from experience, just what I've observed, so take it as you will. ✌️😊

Oh, off west and towards the river, there is a ridge line and upper tier houses (prime view). The folks there have taken coyotes off the back side of their lots. I checked with GFP and its not a problem to do so. I have never done any coyote hunting and yet I'm a life long SDakotan. My current location does have a coyote problem. Coyotes must be skittish as I thought one was in our garden, but by the time I was going to take action - gone. My kids caught one just staring down our blue heeler dog (blind) but not within its chained circle. Even with their screaming and yelling it was reluctant to leave - weird. Rattle snakes are a problem too. I don't mind the bull snakes. Because not all share likes, I'm thinking that calling coyotes might call in some neighbors? :unsure:
Yeah I guess you wouldn't want the neighbors looking through their scopes your way...better leave em to what they find on their own. However, that one that was close to your dog says they're willing to come close. Not sure what enticed him, but I'd say he'll be back sometime.

Reactions: 17dean
YES! Hubens and coyotes DO go together....at least on my farm

Honestly, with a 25 you'll need some really good shot placement... better get a head shot within 50 yards or you'll just cause them suffering.
30 cal head or heart/ lung shot and they're going down up to around 100 yards or so.
Not speaking from experience, just what I've observed, so take it as you will. ✌️😊
Good shot placement yes. But I've killed yotes with a .22 springer before. Know your distance, your gun and your abilities and I think you'll be fine.

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
When I received this Huben, the power wheel was wide open. I didn't chrono as I'm fairly lazy and still have my free for me chrono from Australia. The seller (should not have) mailed the rifle to me loaded and filled enough to shoot the 17 what-ever. I don't know what lead was in the magazine. Regardless, the sound and damage done to those pink painted aluminum plates was impressive. I have absolutely no doubt that even when dialed down, that Huben will take a coyote with no issue within my property.