Airforce 0.20 Cal. Condor

I have a .25 condor. Until I changed the top hat to a smaller diameter inside dimension I couldn't get 33.95 pellets to shoot slow enough to group. Even at the lowest hammer spring setting. Powerful rifles. Get a top hat kit, you'll be rewarded with accuracy and increased shot count. You'll find a sweet spot with fill pressure to. Mine shoots best around 18-2000 PSI but shots hunting accuracy from 2600-1600.

I'm in for a .20 Condor too, black. The huge discount pushed me into finally satisfying my Air Force curiosity.

I also ordered the ring loc (transfer ports) kit, as I expect the 24" .20 is gonna be pretty hot and need calmed down some. Hoping they fit the valve coming on this earlier gen, discounted Condor.

Ive got a spare grub screw attached 1/2x20 adaptor that I think I can use to make it quiet. Digging around online it sounds like the Condors have a 16mm OD barrel so should be good there, and can shim the moderator adaptor if necessary.

Plan for it is to see how fast the .20/18.9gr NSA can be accurate. I KNOW they're an exceptional slug from 875-930, but curious to know how they do even faster. I also have some .20/18.13 and .20/25.4grain experimentation that this gun will allow me to revisit, cuz it'll certainly have enough oomph to push them. And eventually might look into picking up a .22 barrel for heavy .22 slug experimentation.

Some say it's outdated b/c of the single shot and not being regulated, neither of those bother me cuz I shoot everything single shot and my best field target gun isn't regulated. The notoriously so-so trigger and the also notorious frame flex are my biggest concerns.

I also need to do some research on picatinny options for bipod placement, as this will primarily be a long range bomber.

It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotspark
I'm in for a .20 Condor too, black. The huge discount pushed me into finally satisfying my Air Force curiosity.

I also ordered the ring loc (transfer ports) kit, as I expect the 24" .20 is gonna be pretty hot and need calmed down some. Hoping they fit the valve coming on this earlier gen, discounted Condor.

Ive got a spare grub screw attached 1/2x20 adaptor that I think I can use to make it quiet. Digging around online it sounds like the Condors have a 16mm OD barrel so should be good there, and can shim the moderator adaptor if necessary.

Plan for it is to see how fast the .20/18.9gr NSA can be accurate. I KNOW they're an exceptional slug from 875-930, but curious to know how they do even faster. I also have some .20/18.13 and .20/25.4grain experimentation that this gun will allow me to revisit, cuz it'll certainly have to oomph to push them. And eventually might look into picking up a .22 barrel for heavy .22 slug experimentation.

Some say it's outdated b/c of the single shot and not being regulated, neither of those bother me cuz I shoot everything single shot and my best field target gun isn't regulated. The notoriously so-so trigger and the also notorious frame flex are my biggest concerns.

I also need to do some research on picatinny options for bipod placement, as this will primarily be a long range bomber.

.123 top hat. mid power level on spring and 2400 psi fill. 21 ft lbs from 18 inch barrel.

Reactions: Franklink

Plan for it is to see how fast the .20/18.9gr NSA can be accurate. I KNOW they're an exceptional slug from 875-930, but curious to know how they do even faster. I also have some .20/18.13 and .20/25.4grain experimentation that this gun will allow me to revisit, cuz it'll certainly have to oomph to push them. And eventually might look into picking up a .22 barrel for heavy .22 slug experimentation.

You can try this picatinny adapter:

According to my research a full length dovetail to picatinny adapter will help stiffen the Condor chassis. The penalty is added weight.

Is that kit to be used in lieu of the o-ring on the top hat mod or in addition to it??

I'm curious about this as well. I was really into the Airforce airguns 8-10 years ago. The o-ring under the top hat worked really well. Just received a Talon SS in .20. Would an o-ring help/hinder or really not have much effect one way or the other with the ring loc kit?

I'm curious about this as well. I was really into the Airforce airguns 8-10 years ago. The o-ring under the top hat worked really well. Just received a Talon SS in .20. Would an o-ring help/hinder or really not have much effect one way or the other with the ring loc kit?
I use one in conjunction with the ring loc. Try it. If you don't like it, take it off. Easy peasy 😉

Reactions: h2okenny