10 wind flags from 5- 50 yards - Video of 20mph wind as storm approaches

Hello once again, Shooters.

Reading all of the excellent information within the Flag Recommendation post, it mentioned all of the different effects of wind on the pellet. I wanted to know if @JimNM theory of the air being a "chaotic swirling mess" was correct, so I put out ten wind flags spaced 5 yards apart up to 50 yards, so I had 10.

Basically, we have a storm approaching today, and we were having some serious wind as a result. I have been recording the effect on the wind flags all day, so here are the highlights of the footage that I created:

For those of you that would really love to watch over two hours of Colorado wind, I have also uploaded the unedited version here:

So, my conclusion is that the air really is a "Chaotic Swirling Mess". Let me know if you think that these videos don't prove that point.

Cheers!

Jonathan

I forgot to mention that my wind flags are simply strips of the thinnest plastic film known to man. Walmart bags. I wanted them thin and long so that they could be seen easily from a distance, and so that they would "dance" easily and show the minor variances in the wind. These work great, but the only drawback is that when they are at an angle, it is hard to see the position when you are looking directly at them. I keep the one that was sitting at 5 yards because it is right in front of my shooting bench, but below it, so I can see the angle it is pointing when looking down on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this little detail about the flags.

Happy shooting!

Reactions: .20calguy