10m Pistol and hand pump

Hello-

I am brand new and have two goals: one save for a FWB P8x for my birthday in March and two make an indoor 10m pistol range in my basement for my daughter and I to practice. I won't have hundreds of dollars to spend on an air tank in the beginning. Anyone using a hand pump to fill a higher end gun like Feinwerkbau / Steyr / Walther / Pardini? What sort of moisture filter do I need if any with the small cylinders and slow pumping. I live on the SC/NC border, so it is humid. It seems like these single shot pistols get a lot of shots per full cylinder, so I'm hoping manual hand pump won't be too bad?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

You may get more responses by using the "Air Pistol" section of the site.

As far as "hand pumping". As long as you give the pump a break to cool, when the heat builds up, you don't need a drier.
The Hill pump has a "drier" section to it, but it's on the "inlet" side...backward ! I guess if you live in Florida where the ambient humidity is always high, that might work.

I use a Hill pump when filling my pistols. I'll give it 35 or 40 strokes, feel the bottom of the pump. If it's warm, I'll stop, let it cool for a few minutes, then finish the fill. If it's still cool, I'll go another few strokes and check the pump for being warm.
This way, it keeps the internal moisture down, so you don't soak the interior of your gun with water.

Mike

Here's a link to a recent discussion.