• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

12mm OD barrels?

Yes, hence the need for 12mm OD barrel. I figure I can cut and grind the breech end myself, it's the simplest option.

I'm actually gonna try to install the Behemoth with tri-lug on my Uragan 2 in the meantime, see how it works with a QD silencer.

I know little about barrel machining but if I were paying someone to thread the muzzle end I'd also want the breech end machined, especially given how the breech seal closes against the barrel for every shot on a Leshiy Classic.

Also, I believe the breech end of the barrel needs to be opened up slightly. I think this is called the lead-in?

Maybe @Mike_Lenardon can comment on all that?

Reactions: muradtexas
I know little about barrel machining but if I were paying someone to thread the muzzle end I'd also want the breech end machined, especially given how the breech seal closes against the barrel for every shot on a Leshiy Classic.

Also, I believe the breech end of the barrel needs to be opened up slightly. I think this is called the lead-in?

Maybe @Mike_Lenardon can comment on all that?
Yes, if I were to pay someone to thread it.
But if I find an already threaded barrel, I think I can do a decent job facing the breech and grinding the bore for a lead in.

Reactions: Scouty
DonnyFL used to make an adapter for what @muradtexas is wanting to do. Unfortunately discontinued.

I believe in his other thread he mentioned since he needs to source a barrel anyway, why not just source one with threads & not have to bother sourcing the adapter.

Do I have that correct @muradtexas ?
Can't really have a 1/2" thread on a 12mm barrel without a sleeve or adapter

Reactions: elwoodblues
I believe EdgunWest has posted info on the lower limits of acceptable diameters for Leshiy Classic barrels. I'll see if I can find it later today. Need to get some chores & hopefully a hike done before the heat sets in here.

Found it. He says 11.97 to 11.98 fits better than 12mm. That's 0.471" to 0.472, approximately, so the lower end that Mike mentioned could be a bit small for a Classic.

Here's the post.

Reactions: muradtexas