Crosman 1322 lost accuracy- suspect barrel

Hello all!

This is my first post. I bought a 1322 from Amazon. I installed a baker aluminum breech and a red dot sight. Accuracy seemed acceptable right off the bat and from the bench I proceeded to shoot off hand over the last month. I used it to dispatch a couple juvenile groundhogs in a live trap and shot a couple rabbits and a squirrel out of my garden and I've done quite a bit of plinking. All seemed well. A few days ago I installed a 1399 stock and added a pool noodle cheek rest which still doesn't get my eye up to the ideal height, but it's okay. Yesterday, I was plinking around and noticed that I was missing a medium size soup can at about 12 to 15 yd. This seemed weird because with the new stock my stability was very much improved. So I got out some paper and started shooting from a bench. It's all over the place. Don't know if accuracy was slowly diminishing and I just didn't notice it shooting off hand as a pistol or what. It's shooting like 4 in groups at 15 yards. I tried crosman domed, pointed and some Gamo hunting pellets all had the same results. I cleaned the barrel and it took forever until the patches were fairly clean. That did nothing. I took the Red Dot off and shot open sights but that did not help matters. I took the metal breech and barrel off so I could inspect things. I noticed that the bore seems off-center in the barrel at the muzzle. Also, the crown seems weird. There is a bevel on one side, but almost none on the opposite side. Hopefully my picture attaches. I'm not sure how things could have changed from when I started shooting it. I've probably got 300 pellets through it, maybe more. What do you guys think of the muzzle area in the picture? Could this be causing my troubles? It's pretty frustrating because I know this can be an accurate pistol from everything I've read and I don't want to shoot at animals if it's behaving like this. At four or five pumps, I had good lighting to watch the pellet travel against the white of my paper Target. Some of the pellets seem to just veer off one way or the other. Looking for advice. Thanks!

PXL_20240701_202934112.jpg

Welcome!
Is it too late to put it back to stock and return it? I'd get another one. IMO It's not worth putting big$ into it. Keep the alum breech and red dot for the next one. Sorry, that's all I've got.
I've had it for a month. I looked on amazon and they won't deal with returns or replacements for this item, they just direct you to the Crosman service line. I reached out to Crosman with an email today and told them what I'm dealing with so I guess we'll see if they want it back or maybe send me a replacement barrel.

I like the overall setup so hopefully something can be done.

I've had 5 factory barrels that were all bad. .22 caliber. Not to say good ones don't exist. I'd at least try cleaning the barrel. Could be a pretty rough rifling job making it foul badly. If so, you can try polishing the bore.

Personally, I'd pony up the change and try and see if crosman will sell you a 14.5" Lothar Walther barrel. You have to call and give them the part number. They normally reserve these for custom shop guns, but if you try enough times, maybe call every other week they'll probably sell you one.

2400-170

I've bought 2 from them, one for each of my 1322s

You can find them for sale elsewhere like ebay, ect for about a 100 percent markup, maybe more

Wow, I thought this had died as I was not getting any more email notifications. Apologies for the neglect. Good news, I got in touch with crosman and they sent me another 1322. Received it today. Did some side-by-side shooting, first with both guns in their stock form and then with the new gun equipped with the aluminum breech and Red dot. The original gun continued shooting erratically with about a 2 and 1/2 in spread and the new one was shooting about an inch at around 9 yards off hand in my garage. Crosman domed pellets. Hopefully it continue shooting well with time. The only thing that has me a little concerned is that they sent me a Canadian version that has a bunch of French on the box and a claimed Max velocity of 460 opposed to 550 on my original purchase.
I've had 5 factory barrels that were all bad. .22 caliber. Not to say good ones don't exist. I'd at least try cleaning the barrel. Could be a pretty rough rifling job making it foul badly. If so, you can try polishing the bore.

Personally, I'd pony up the change and try and see if crosman will sell you a 14.5" Lothar Walther barrel. You have to call and give them the part number. They normally reserve these for custom shop guns, but if you try enough times, maybe call every other week they'll probably sell you one.

2400-170

I've bought 2 from them, one for each of my 1322s

You can find them for sale elsewhere like ebay, ect for about a 100 percent markup, maybe more
Thanks for sharing your experience. If I don't have luck with this one, I will try a new barrel. Been thinking it would be kind of cool to have something a little longer anyway.
It’s a $59 gun🤷‍♂️ it is what jt is. I’ve had a bunch and use them within their capabilities and not expect much. Push the pellet passed the breech screw hole so the pellet won’t get damaged. Clean the barrel good make sure all the screws are still tight
True, but this gun should definitely be shooting better than 4-in groups. Something's wrong. I have done all of the above.
I would try a different pellet to begin with. You may have got a bad batch. PM me your address I'll send you a handful of a few different pellets for you to try
I've been thinking about this. I did try three different types of pellets in my original testing, but two of them were from the same maker. I just ordered some rws pointed and domed so I will see how those act in the original gun. I really appreciate your willingness to help me!
IF it was shooting good as you say THEN it wasn't . I would say it is not your barrel /Barrels do not just go bad , I would advise to take a small wooden dowel and slowly push a pellet through ,feeling for a slight snag ?
I believe that it WAS shooting as good as this new one IS currently shooting. I agree, I don't think The barrel itself changed, but I could see there being some issue with the bore that caused some sort of fouling after shooting it for a while.