N/A 14-15fpe .22 Springer

Good info here so far. I have a HW30S in .177 I really enjoy. I've owned some HW50S in the past that I really liked but power wise I think I would like higher. Basically I want something similar powered to the RWS 34P .22 I had. Just looking to get something I can pest with and not have air. I'm not sure I want anything but a break barrel. Looks like a HW95 would probably be best fit? Unless I can find a 34P used.
Look into the Cometas mine is very accurate, they are getting fairly popular in the states now..

Just to clarify something on the RWS 34 — several of you said you DON'T want the EMS version.
Why is that? 🤔

Thanks,
Matthias

Weren't those EMS guns going to have easy change barrels so you could have multiple calibers and barrel lengths? They were initially said to have multiple open sight options too at some point. They dropped the centre latching piston rod because they were going to allow owners to switch between spring or gas rams...

Don't get me wrong, Diana airguns are fantastic but they didn't deliver on the EMS platform. The "M" being "modular" in EMS if I'm not mistaken. BUT... I never said I don't want one. I'll definitely buy one... If my 34 classic falls apart beyond repair before I do 😁

Love my Diana 54. She’s and old girl, ‘96 model, original iron sights, pushing 12ish FPE in .177. Head shot rabbits at 30m all day long.
Bad thing about the 54 is with a scope they weigh close to 12.5# give or take,used to squirrel hunt and pest with one when I was younger in my 30s-40s and even then after a few hrs lugging it around it would wear out out. But they sure are accurate and fun to shoot.

Reactions: BABz58
HW95

IMG_1826.jpeg

One gun that I love is the TX 200 and I have had one in 177 but nt a 22...if you could find one used I don't think you will regret it. The TX seems like a heirloom type of rifle and very simple to upgrade .
Once again a great gun but very heavy, with scope close to 10 to 12# depending on scope.It wouldnt be a gun Id want to carry around for extended periods of time hunting. Ive used mine several times carrying around squirrel hunting in woods not off deck and by the time Im done 4 hrs later I always wonder why I take it. Supremely accurate but annoyingly heavy.

Just bought a HW95N .20 From AOA. Shooting the 11.42gr At 800fps I believe thats just over 16 fpe. I been shooting it with a Williams peep and loving it.

View attachment 493819

That's a greatt rifle. I like the idea of more power. I like the sling swivels too. That's a really big deal for me.

My 95 and 97 in .22 are sweet shooters but are pretty wimpy past 50 yards. I'm living at 4000 feet and hunting at 7-8000 feet so I need all the power I can get. The .20 might be the answer.

Probably the ultimate breakbarrel hunting gun right there.

Reactions: coastal drifter
That's a greatt rifle. I like the idea of more power. I like the sling swivels too. That's a really big deal for me.

My 95 and 97 in .22 are sweet shooters but are pretty wimpy past 50 yards. I'm living at 4000 feet and hunting at 7-8000 feet so I need all the power I can get. The .20 might be the answer.

Probably the ultimate breakbarrel hunting gun right there.
That's a lot of elevation. What area are you hunting? You pay a steep power penalty at that altitude with a piston gun. What are you hunting at those altitudes with a springer?