1720T thread!

Ah, the “Unfinished one.” LOL

I will either have the barrel cut and crowned or a shroud made. The Walther barrel will find its way into it.
Maybe Prod #2 will shoot better? Not that my current Prod is bad, but it’s nothing like the 1720s accuracy.
I also need to order in a bunch more pellets to try.

One of the two will end up in a stock like my 1720. When the second stock arrives I will take them both to my son’s shop to cut and raise the cheeks.

Last edited:
A few file strokes and a way we go.

Mrod Walther barrel installed and worth every penny….after only 20 shots anyway.

I polished with JB and it s pushing FTT @780. 19.8 FPE
It is pretty clear that accuracy is far better than the stock barrel.
I found a carbon fiber tube that I will order to dress it up.

This weekend I will get to work on a stock for it.

I also picked up a second prod. Put some hammer orings in and cleaned it up. It’s all stock and wears a Hawke red dot. After a few tweaks I am getting almost 4 mags @14fpe.

00E2C58B-0B4F-45B8-B583-F5B2E260EE8E.jpeg

And the stock modifications are complete, the Prod will now live in the stock I had mounted the 1720 in. Just waiting on a carbon sleeve for the barrel.

I have a 140 stock that we cut the same. I just need to adjust the inlet and refinish. It’s shorter in the fore grip so it will look better with the shorter barrel of the 1720.
It’s another old elm stock with nice figure.

44CACBE8-6033-4A7C-95B6-5F4E0B888942.jpeg

I sanded down the 140 stock and oiled it. These old stock have a lot of character.

I bought the 1720 used. It was shooting just under 12fpe for about 25 shots.
I went inside this weekend to see what was inside.
I found a Prod TP .80, Hill blue. Curiously the hammer throw was cranked almost all the way in.
Cranked it back to 1 turn in from all the way out.
Set the hammer spring to 3 turns in, it was at 5.

Then I put the stock TP in and a set of orings for the hammer.

I ended up with 50 good shots with Meister 8.2 @ 670 or so. Very very accurate.

This is an ideal little carbine for shooting in the basement and whacking chippies.

1021D211-847D-49EB-9167-0D4FAEE18D14.jpeg

And the final touches have been put on the mini Mrod.

I added a carbon fiber sleeve and ditched my original trigger guard.
Big thanks to UC Chris for the trigger guard file. A buddy of mine printed one for this and my 1720 that was in this stock, but now lives in a 140 stock.

Considering that I am a butcher, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

When I go turkey hunting in a couple weeks I will get a chance to stretch it out. At 10m it doesn’t miss the tiny dots.

396593ED-65ED-4CAF-AE8D-2BE945A299E7.jpeg

761538DC-284D-496E-94E2-E09946A5165A.jpeg

Reactions: baranjhn
SCHWEET!!!

The trigger guard looks like the one Airgun Revisions sells with the M-Rod trigger pack. It does improve aesthetics, as that Challenger trigger guard is hideous imho -

I've just about used up my stash of cf tube, and when checking the prices, WOW - really increased, and then when adding shipping, WHEW -

Again, that is a looker and a shooter - SALUTE!