1720T thread!

I've never been a very good pistol shooter. 2 handed on a rest and I am decent. My one handed pistol shooting is almost comical. But I do like short shoulder fired guns, including carbines. For my Prod/1720 based guns I have 2 identical powerplants/tubes/trigger systems the uppers can swap between. One is in the above pictured bullpup. The other uses a Gen 1 Mrod trigger and old QB78 stock.

1720T Carbine

5MTJQ1f.jpg

Prod Carbine

xl8Il8m.jpg
Those are gorgeous man. Makes me wonder why Crosman doesn't sell a similar config out the door.

Some awesome guns here! I have two, both tuned similarly but the more recent one gets my all out tune. Porting, light weight hammer, full trigger polish to 2000grit, Huma reg, different hammer and valve spring, some other secret magic. I get 55 shots at 11.5fpe with 10.34gr.

Getting ready to list one for sale, I even have a Corcoran Carbine stock I'd sell with it pictured here on my prod.

That has a Marmot M barrel, Huma reg, porting, lw hammer, trigger work, tko and other secrets done to it. It gets 24+ shots at 20+fpe.

20220827_143932.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_214807_Gallery.jpg

Some awesome guns here! I have two, both tuned similarly but the more recent one gets my all out tune. Porting, light weight hammer, full trigger polish to 2000grit, Huma reg, different hammer and valve spring, some other secret magic. I get 55 shots at 11.5fpe with 10.34gr.

Getting ready to list one for sale, I even have a Corcoran Carbine stock I'd sell with it pictured here on my prod.

That has a Marmot M barrel, Huma reg, porting, lw hammer, trigger work, tko and other secrets done to it. It gets 24+ shots at 20+fpe.

View attachment 309666

View attachment 309667
Tell the secrets :)

Reactions: ThomasT
Up top ...
While not a 1720 ... a 1701 with the 1720 / prod air tube.
huma regulated, modified valve and LW hammer ( yea modified )
It won me 2 AAFTA HPFT state championships.

View attachment 311259
Love it. I have told several people the 1701 is worthy of a scope and will print fine groups at 50 yards. With your mods it must simply be an outstanding setup.

John

Hello @Kerndtc

That top rifle that you are holding is just beautiful :love: (y)(y)(y), is that a .177 cal.

ThomasT
The top one is a Marauder pistol, it is .22 cal and a tack driver. It's almost a little too nice for me. A perfect compact 20fpe .22 that shoots Hades lights out.

The stock it's in can be swapped between the 1720 and the Prod.

What barrel did you swap in here?
A Discovery barrel, I edited my original reply. A .177 Discovery barrel doesn't have the nice flat spot milled for the transfer port, but I used ice maker tubing so it doesn't matter. Don't let anyone tell you a Disco barrel won't work on a 1720, it does -

Anyone with experience adding a reg willing to give the skinny on it?

Mine is tuned to give about 810fps/just under 12fpe at the top of the curve, but I have a ~50fps spread from 2700 or so to 2000 back down to 1500 so I'm considering a reg to smooth it out.

How many shots are folks losing with a reg, and is one of the two options generally considered better?

So up till now I've only shot the 1720 out to about 25. With polymags (at 805 fps at the top of the string) it's an absolute laser till there. Turns out stretching to 40 or so and it starts spiraling pretty bad.

Anything worth trying to prevent this? Play with different pellets? Accept the shorter range (which to be honest isn't too big of an issue.)

So up till now I've only shot the 1720 out to about 25. With polymags (at 805 fps at the top of the string) it's an absolute laser till there. Turns out stretching to 40 or so and it starts spiraling pretty bad.

Anything worth trying to prevent this? Play with different pellets? Accept the shorter range (which to be honest isn't too big of an issue.)
Hello @Larcat

You might try some H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gr for 25 and beyond. They shoot really good in my Bandit and the Snowpeak PP800R.

ThomasT