1720T thread!

$400 just for the stock? Best to buy them used co2 challenger rifles for $150 that go on sale on ebay every now and then.:)
I'll ask them Tuesday if they have the C02 version stock, and if they do for $200 something, then I'll go for it.

How's the fit 'cuz I'm not really a big fan of Boyd's?

Boyd's stocks for the Disco are pretty loose, you know, so I had to shim mine.

I have a 2260 stock and the inlet is actually great.

I'll ask them Tuesday if they have the C02 version stock, and if they do for $200 something, then I'll go for it.

How's the fit 'cuz I'm not really a big fan of Boyd's?

Boyd's stocks for the Disco are pretty loose, you know, so I had to shim mine.

I have a 2260 stock and the inlet is actually great.
I havent fitted the Co2 stock yet, however, I dont think there is much variation other than the newer challenger has the stock modded for the gauge.
I have another stock that was heavily modded to fit the 1720T. PM Me, if you are interested in purchasing my challenger stock.

Last edited:
I havent fitted the Co2 stock yet, however, I dont think there is much variation other than the newer challenger has the stock modded for the gauge.

I was actually also considering the Benjamin Discovery Boyds thumbhole with all Adjustments for FT. Do you think it could work for the Prod and 1720T if it was shortened to accomodate the shorter air tube?

View attachment 323363
Yes, that stock would work except for the gauge alignment.

Yes again, you have to cut a couple of inches.

I’ll get back and check the measurements Boyd’s gave me.

Check this out but it’s for the Spike Camp, although the forearm length should be about the same as the one on the photo.

65E6DD47-EFDC-45C8-A437-1D71D415B1E0.jpeg

Here is another great stock option for the 1720T

View attachment 323440
The AR2078/9 stocks were a the best value at one time. I converted my .25 Gauntlet to an AR2078 stock Your post made me realize I have a spare AR2079 stock and a spare Prod...hmmmmmm.....but now that I think of it I do NOT have a spare Gen 1 Mrod trigger assembly.

Reactions: UCChris
The AR2078/9 stocks were a the best value at one time. I converted my .25 Gauntlet to an AR2078 stock Your post made me realize I have a spare AR2079 stock and a spare Prod...hmmmmmm.....but now that I think of it I do NOT have a spare Gen 1 Mrod trigger assembly.
I was going to ask what to do for the trigger. Does it have to be gen 1 mrod?

If you put a Prod/1720T on a QB79 stock, you would not regret it. It will become one of your favorite carbine shooters. If I didnt put my Prod into a Bullpup, I would have gone with the QB79 stock for it. It would have been one sweet hunting carbine. It would also be awesome in a QB thumbhole stock too.. I took a QB78 and put the action in a QB 79 stock and cut the barrel, it is a fun 35" co2 rifle for plinking and perfect for young shooters. Still refining the rifle but just holding it makes me want to put a prod action in it.
QB78 in QB79 stock.jpg

If you put a Prod/1720T on a QB79 stock, you would not regret it. It will become one of your favorite carbine shooters. If I didnt put my Prod into a Bullpup, I would have gone with the QB79 stock for it. It would have been one sweet hunting carbine. It would also be awesome in a QB thumbhole stock too.. I took a QB78 and put the action in a QB 79 stock and cut the barrel, it is a fun 35" co2 rifle for plinking and perfect for young shooters. Still refining the rifle but just holding it makes me want to put a prod action in it. View attachment 323574
Agreed 100% on the QB/Prod combo. for some reason I really like the way QB stocks handle and their simplicity.

Some day I hope to finish this one. it is still in a rather crude state of shoehorning....

xl8Il8m.jpg

I have been looking since reading these posts.
Are you all finding these QB stocks used?

I suppose to get the gen1 mrod trigger group, the parts must ordered from Crosman?

PG, post #67, is that a 78 or 79 stock. Where did you find it? Oh I see it’s a 2078/79. That is what I want!

I am planning on getting all the parts and then get a Prod.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasT

I suppose to get the gen1 mrod trigger group, the parts must ordered from Crosman?

PG, post #67, is that a 78 or 79 stock. Where did you find it? Oh I see it’s a 2078/79. That is what I want!

I am planning on getting all the parts and then get a Prod.
I’ve been doing follow-up inquiries re the MROD GEN 1 trigger, aka Challenger 2009 trigger assembly for quite a while now (more than a year, or probably 2).

The last one was a week and a half ago while buying parts, and it was still unavailable.

"the front furniture looks bulky to me , is that necessary or could you trim to a slimmer look ? thanks Stan".

It was bulky by design Stan; to add as much weight as possible for better stability from a bipod. Not necessary at all, but functional for field target competition. I could have trimmed it to a slimmer look when I owned that 1720T, had I wanted to reduce the gun's functionality; but can't now.

This is more like I'd have made that 1720T fore-end, had aesthetics been my priority-

Finished 112.JPG

Better?

I am planning on getting all the parts and then

I’ve been doing follow-up inquiries re the MROD GEN 1 trigger, aka Challenger 2009 trigger assembly for quite a while now (more than a year, or probably 2).

The last one was a week and a half ago while buying parts, and it was still unavailable.
Airgun revisions sells Gen 1 triggers complete with 3d printed trigger guard.

At one time I had a bit of a qb obsession so plenty of QB parts "in stock" here, lol. There was a time you could buy QB's for $100 or less then sell off whatever parts you didn't need