N/A .177 8-9 grain lead pellet of choice

I'm running some JSB Exact 8.44 pellets in my 12 fpe break barrel springer. The pursuit of accuracy and precision is probably my first ammo choice priority followed closely by small game hunting effectiveness. I also do a fair amount of plinking and target shooting on the side so cost/shot is a concern as well. I've been fairly impressed with the JSB 8.44 so far but I'm wondering if there is another choice out there that might be as good or better. What is your pellet of choice?

Reactions: bustachip
I've tried all of the above pellets, all JSB Exacts, the QYS, the H&N FTT and wadcurtters and Baracudas, Crosman Premiers, both my FWB 124's and my HW97K all love one pellet the best, this pellet is the H&N Baracuda 8 in 4.51 with a weight of 8.44 gr. Outstanding accuracy at all ranges, 50 yards they shoot dime size groups all day long in all three guns. Ran all three guns through the Chronigraph, the standard FWB 124 is right at 755 fps with very little deviation, the 124D is at 790 with same results and the HW97K hovers right around 875-880 and is also dead accurate. Both the 124's have ARH Pro Mac kits installed with higher power springs. The HW97 is totally stock, only thing done to this gun was harden stock around screw holes with CA and shoot the heck out of gun until it finally calmed down. Small trigger adjustment too. I am a big fan of shooting PCP's but lately the springers are getting most of the attention.

I've tried all of the above pellets, all JSB Exacts, the QYS, the H&N FTT and wadcurtters and Baracudas, Crosman Premiers, both my FWB 124's and my HW97K all love one pellet the best, this pellet is the H&N Baracuda 8 in 4.51 with a weight of 8.44 gr. Outstanding accuracy at all ranges, 50 yards they shoot dime size groups all day long in all three guns. Ran all three guns through the Chronigraph, the standard FWB 124 is right at 755 fps with very little deviation, the 124D is at 790 with same results and the HW97K hovers right around 875-880 and is also dead accurate. Both the 124's have ARH Pro Mac kits installed with higher power springs. The HW97 is totally stock, only thing done to this gun was harden stock around screw holes with CA and shoot the heck out of gun until it finally calmed down. Small trigger adjustment too. I am a big fan of shooting PCP's but lately the springers are getting most of the attention.
Have you tried the 9.57 baracuda's?

In 2 D75s, 1 Tx200 JSB 8.44 the best in all 3. I have weighed, sorted by head size, resized.......no better than shooting out of the tin. Head size is a joke. In many brands and many tins often the listed size is pretty much non exsistent. This is after hundereds of groups from 5 shots to 25 shots. In one 75 the Air Arms 10.3 is close. Air Arms 8.44 is pretty good in all 3 guns.

for the last few weeks i have been trying to duplicate my best 30 yard challenge target of 240 with a springer . It is like the target gods laugh and and say " See that last row of bulls ? Think your going to shoot all X's ? HAHAHAHAHA ( in a loud voice) .And even louder HAHAHAHAHA