.177 JTS 10.4gr in Vet Compact

I was looking forward to trying the .177 JTS 10.4s pellets after having great results in .22 cal . They did not disappoint. It's grouping like I have always wanted without any random flyers like the JSB and HN and many others I tried . The JTS pellets showed me how accurate my .22 Maverick and .22 Veteran Standard really are and have the lowest ES and SD . And now in .177 is doing the same . Thank you JTS for making awesome pellets and allowing my little .177 to shine .

Targets are 5 shot groups at 30 yards. I wanted to shoot more but ran low on air and waiting on my replacement compressor. I'm looking forward to some 50y targets now . I left the scope set for the JSB 10.3s . Also the first group I shot , #12 , was good without any shots to settle in with the new pellets .

20240925_072201.jpg
20240925_071928.jpg
20240924_175242.jpg
20240924_173335.jpg
20240924_174146.jpg

This was with JSB 10.3gr earlier that day. I did make a scope adjust on target 3 . The best 4 targets average .42" . Also I used a less comfortable bag and had my table sideways instead of lengthwise. So that could have made some difference. Anyways a big difference in group size. I wish I had ordered more JTS 10.4s .

5 shot groups at 30y
20240924_134856.jpg

Reactions: TimeRabbit
I've also had decent results with the JTS 10.4's in a few of my .177 airguns (sadly, not all). Haven't been able to really stretch the range yet for 50+ yard shooting but within 30y they're doing great. I took a gamble and ordered 20 tins when they became available. Figured they'd do well for my higher powered .177's or I'd have a bunch of plinking fodder. What really makes me happy is some of my 'magnum' .177 springers seem to prefer these over other offerings of similar weight. I ordered from PA... took advantage of the 4 for 3, used up my bullseye points and applied a discount to lower the final cost. Otherwise, just to buy a tin or two these are kinda pricey.

Reactions: Headshots
I #2
When i tried pellets for a few outings not long ago, the JTS was the star pellet alright, mind you at 30 M i was able to make most i tried group really well making nice small 1 hole group.
And worst of all i was shooting them all pretty hot, way over 900 fps, somehow i did not dial back the hammer long enough those days, CUZ i later learned i can do that, and even go to a higher pressure then 54 BAR.
Then my 700 mm barrels Two just sip air, and i swear it sould just like i remember blowpipes from my childhood.

And i did try them at 55 M too,,,,, and also 93 M / 100 Y on a very calm day, which was also joyful, but the promise i made to get more of those i have not yet fulfilled, Though i have ordered 13 boxes of ammo lately, but that was 13 grain Zan slugs as i have also had good fun shooting those lately.

But no doubt i will have to replenish my 10. something pellet collection,,,,, also get me some more 10 grain JSB KO mk 3 slugs, as those perform way better than 10 grain Zan slugs in my Two.
Also if i am to shoot rats the MK3 KO slugs i think will be just the medicine i need for that.