1st time buyer of PCP Airgun disappointed

Pumps are hard when you hit high pressures.
Seriously fella - a decent tank is going to set you back only a few $ (in the UK perhaps 200) and as long as it is in test then a refill at the scuba shop should be the price of a decent coffee.

What you are struggling with is a crap rifle. Move it on and get something worth investing time in. Or better yet go back to Dick’s and ask for a refund as it doesn’t work.
Yeah, but I watched other vids and when they are pumping the gauge isn't going into the red then dropping down to where the green line starts.

Reactions: Bandito
This rifle got great reviews even claimed it was great for those wanting to move to PCP.
I saw people with guns that cost more and had similar issues, So it's the technology it's silly to spend a grand or so on a scuba tank for guns that costs $300-1000$.
That's like buying an old chevette and dropping $10K IN RIMS ON IT.
I don’t want to drag you kicking and screaming into 2023 but reviews are worth sheep’s teeth unless they are from disinterested reviewers. Get you advice from forum feedback. Seriously. Nobody on here gets a free rifle from Hatsan each week.

Have used break barrels for a very longtime.
Decided I would go ahead and test the waters and buy the Hatsan Flash QE PCP air rifle .25 caliber.
Figured it was a small air tank purchased the hand pump and some ammo.
Only to find that it's not holding the air it's been a very unpleasant experience and has made me feel that these guns are not that great.
I've heard valve open needs a push of air from a tank ridiculous that is even necessary. This isn't a realistic way to get a new air gun working out of the box.
Sucks I really was happy about the purchase now it's going back. I'll stick with break barrels they actually work out of the box.

Wondering if anyone else has had same negative experience with these over priced guns? Funny reviewers praise these things because they have everything needed to set them up. For the average person these guns are quite terrible. Between the over priced junk hand pumps or buy a $2000 scuba tank to get them to work if they arrive with 0 pressure.

there are always lemons... i've owned well over 20 PCP's and they have all worked great... a couple of hiccups but sometimes things sit in warehouses and well.... i suggest you check out Airgun Revisions.

I respect your decision to stick with break barrels. PCP's require a lot more expense and tinkering to work properly. There are a lot more variables to consider. In your case, I think you should stick to break barrels.
My first PCP FX Crown had the ability to tinker so I tinkered, traded for Red Wolf now I just change the power, no tinkering.

Have used break barrels for a very longtime.
Decided I would go ahead and test the waters and buy the Hatsan Flash QE PCP air rifle .25 caliber.
Figured it was a small air tank purchased the hand pump and some ammo.
Only to find that it's not holding the air it's been a very unpleasant experience and has made me feel that these guns are not that great.
I've heard valve open needs a push of air from a tank ridiculous that is even necessary. This isn't a realistic way to get a new air gun working out of the box.
Sucks I really was happy about the purchase now it's going back. I'll stick with break barrels they actually work out of the box.

Wondering if anyone else has had same negative experience with these over priced guns? Funny reviewers praise these things because they have everything needed to set them up. For the average person these guns are quite terrible. Between the over priced junk hand pumps or buy a $2000 scuba tank to get them to work if they arrive with 0 pressure.

Have to agree with your statement… buying the Hatsan as your first, was a mistake on your part. A Gamo Urban, my first was and is a solid, hand pumpable PCP.
For the average person these (Hatsan) guns are quite terrible.

That's the thing the gun gauge doesn't move but the hand pump gauge goes to the red and becomes next to impossible to pump. I pump like 4-5x and it goes to red on pump gauge. While the gun gauge doesn't move even a little.
Then the pressure isn’t going from pump to gun. Either the probe isn’t seated properly or there is a problem with the fill port?

That's the thing the gun gauge doesn't move but the hand pump gauge goes to the red and becomes next to impossible to pump. I pump like 4-5x and it goes to red on pump gauge. While the gun gauge doesn't move even a little.
Sounds like there might be an obstruction in the hose or the fitting. Have you tried cocking the gun while filling? You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures or videos to help diagnose the issue?

Reactions: gendoc
I looked in the hole where the plug goes and seems like its just a thin hole. And the air plug itself has 1 tiny hole in it and notice it faces away from the hole in gun. It seems like maybe that tiny ass hole on the valve has to be lined up with the tiny ass hole in the gun? Pretty sure I tried this and no difference.
It doesn’t matter which direction the probe is facing.

Can you remove the hose and check to see if anything is lodged in there on either end? If your pump is pressurizing and the gun is not, it means the air isn’t leaving the pump. This could be a few things but check the pump first. It might be as simple as needing to clean out something from one of the ports.

Does air come out of the pump with the fill probe not in the gun? 4 to 5 pumps should not be putting you into the red on the pump gauge even if it's dead heading. No the holes do not need to be lined up that's what the o-rings are for to trap the air and force it into the hole no matter which way it's facing.

Does air come out of the pump with the fill probe not in the gun? 4 to 5 pumps should not be putting you into the red on the pump gauge even if it's dead heading. No the holes do not need to be lined up that's what the o-rings are for to trap the air and force it into the hole no matter which way it's facing.
it's a mess I really tried getting this to work. On the 8th hour now. very frustrating I don't like giving up but I am over my head here. I doin't have any of the hardware needed to get into PCP airguns. This isn't some easy starter like reviewers snag you with. I feel so ripped right now I haven't been played like this since I was a teen I am now at about $700+ in between the gun and the hand pump and the ordered electric pump plus the ammo. Forgot I had to order a scope as well this gun has no sights another $100 I am in.

Reactions: Bandito