1st time buyer of PCP Airgun disappointed

Have used break barrels for a very longtime.
Decided I would go ahead and test the waters and buy the Hatsan Flash QE PCP air rifle .25 caliber.
Figured it was a small air tank purchased the hand pump and some ammo.
Only to find that it's not holding the air it's been a very unpleasant experience and has made me feel that these guns are not that great.
I've heard valve open needs a push of air from a tank ridiculous that is even necessary. This isn't a realistic way to get a new air gun working out of the box.
Sucks I really was happy about the purchase now it's going back. I'll stick with break barrels they actually work out of the box.

Wondering if anyone else has had same negative experience with these over priced guns? Funny reviewers praise these things because they have everything needed to set them up. For the average person these guns are quite terrible. Between the over priced junk hand pumps or buy a $2000 scuba tank to get them to work if they arrive with 0 pressure.

Break barrels for a long time huh, I've got a break barrel Hatsan that leaks! Lol
Give me Springers & Pneumatics.
👍

it's a mess I really tried getting this to work. On the 8th hour now. very frustrating I don't like giving up but I am over my head here. I doin't have any of the hardware needed to get into PCP airguns. This isn't some easy starter like reviewers snag you with.
Again, if you have a couple pictures of the set up or a video of what happens when you try to fill, someone here will very likely be able to help you.

it's a mess I really tried getting this to work. On the 8th hour now. very frustrating I don't like giving up but I am over my head here. I doin't have any of the hardware needed to get into PCP airguns.
Sorry to hear of your frustration, but understandable. This is a unique hobby, and it requires research and lots of time and money. Unless you have a local resource for advice and support, you might want to consider cutting your loss and frustration and staying with spring piston rifles for now.

Sounds like your issue may be with connecting the fill probe to your pump. The pump very likely has a female foster fitting - that is an industry standard. I have no idea what the pump end of a hatsan fill probe looks like but if it is not a male foster it should be threaded so you can put an adapter on it to have a male foster. If you do not know what a male foster fitting looks like google it. They come with male or female threads but you will need to know the size and thread pitch to get the right fitting - if that is indeed the issue.

I understand you are frustrated and I hope people will stop criticizing your gun and actually try to help. Getting the probe connected to the pump is a one time issue and very solvable. Wish I knew more about Hatsans. A picture of your fill probe would help.

I had to remove the one on hose in hand to put the Hatsan one on it.

IMG_20231106_190620831.jpg

IMG_20231106_190644281.jpg

My first pcp was a Benjamin Maximus that I still have. Wasn’t over expensive and I bought a good quality hand pump with it. One day it started leaking air quickly. I’m mechanically inclined but wasn’t familiar with this setup and thought something inside the gun was leaking down and it took another minute to realize the Foster fitting was loose! It was a simple fix and it’s possibly yours will be too. Could be you’re looking right at it and not seeing it. Put it down and come back in a couple days. If it won’t fix, return and replace. I have some break barrels, hand pumpers and co2 guns that are great. Sometimes you just get one finished up late on Friday.

Rick H.

Yeah sounds good but don't know anyone that has a 3k psi tank.
This is what I commented about. I had to open it up and clean it out. I was also hand pumping at the time. Honestly, the whole gun needs to be disassembled and cleaned. I’ve been there. They come from overseas full of gunk. It’s just part of the territory with budget pcp. I’ve found through experience the Snowpeaks arrive in better condition, but still need cleaning and tuning. We get what we pay for.

This guy has great videos.

Attached picture shows my fill line connecting to different fill probes.
One one on the left is for my FX guns and it has a quick release coupler from "Best Fittings".
The one in the middle is for my HW100T, also has the quick release coupler.
The one on the right is for my PP700S which fits into the fill line directly.

Your second picture showed the small brass coupler beside your Hatsan probe. Does that has a hole at the end and does it fit onto the probe and fill line?

IMG_7662.jpg

What I see there is a dead head and the hatsan fill probe you need a 1/8 quick connect to add to the fill probe .
The small one that came with the pump fits into the pump. they are smaller than the Hatsan plug. There is no where local I can get one so I can verify the fit. Online I'll just be ordering and getting poop that don't work or fit. Seriously if I had known what a pain in the ass a starter PCP was I wouldn't have bothered. Now i'm in burnt out mode from this poop and the pump I ordered I was told worked with Hatsan another sale I got conned on.

Just saw this in the classifieds. Great first PCP and one you can pass down to your children or grand children.