1st time buyer of PCP Airgun disappointed

I have the .30cal Hatsan break barrel it's awesome.
I am seriously disappointed with the PCP I'll try the 1/8 quick connect when it gets here. And found a PCP tank for like $85 so if I can't get the hand pump or electric pump to work I'll just go another $100 in why not.
Just be sure not to fiddle with it too much that you are then unable to return it.

actually,
yes,
all pcp's require tuning of some sort to get them shooting their very best.

whether its adjusting velocity for different weight pellets/slugs,
fine tuning the hammer spring to flatten the extreme spread/standard deviation,
adjusting the trigger (most suck out of the box)
etc,etc....

some are adequate out of the box,
but all can be made better by tuning.
Even my break barrels require some tuning as far as ammo. My .30 cal likes the 50 grain Vortex pellets. My .22 likes the 17 grain H&N Silver points.

Got it holding to touching the green on pump gauge but gets really hard to push and goes into the red. Guessing not right? And gun gauge doesn't move at all.
What does it matter if it is bottom of barrel it's meant for people not sure of PCP and so far has shown that it's a suck ass technology.
Hatsan is suck ass, not pcp’s. I feel you though. It sucks to get excited about some thing and have it be a hassle. I have used 5 brands of pcp. 4 were hassle free, one brand was a never ending headache. Stick to Springers if that’s what makes you happy, of course but don’t go thinking you really have a good grip on what the PCP business is about based on your experience (in case you might want to get into it in the future).

Reactions: MysticalDragon
One other thing… The first time I got one of these, I was shocked at how many pumps it took to begin moving the gauge on the gun starting from zero. Those pumps move a very small volume of air with each stroke. If the gauge is registering pressure increase on your pump, but not on your air gun, it sounds like the fill nipple or valve is blocked…

I suggest returning the Hatsan. Hatsan is the worst PCP vendor out there.

Look at the Benjamin Marauder .22 unregulated. Easy to hand pump with a 2800 psi fill and 50 shots per fill. Very good rifle with lots of upgrades available. Not pellet picky.

Good Luck!
This. OP, Talk to @Airgun-Revisions
You’ll have a quality product and a human you can talk to if you have a issue come up

I was 8 hours in reading and trying different crap to get it working. Had no luck at all so had me a bit livid.
All I know is I love my Hatsan .30 cal break barrel & my .22 is also a Hatsan and also use the Umarex .177 cal.
The PCP I chose was due to how much I liked the .22 & .30 caliber Hatsan air rifles.

And the reviews I read and watched were solid and even people that use this rifle had great things to say about it.
This I know so far I like the feel of it and the weight is so light I love that.
Just hoping it's user error.

@Safesinger - Have you looked for an air rifle club in your area? Florida is practically crawling with air shooters of all types. I think there are several brick and mortar stores in Florida as well. Would be worth the time and effort to find one or the other or both. Show up at a club and people will be shoving rifles and pellets in your face for you to try. Google maps is your friend.

Reactions: .20calguy
Got it holding to touching the green on pump gauge but gets really hard to push and goes into the red. Guessing not right? And gun gauge doesn't move at all.
What does it matter if it is bottom of barrel it's meant for people not sure of PCP and so far has shown that it's a suck ass technology.
There is a huge learning curve with PCP's. Your lack of knowledge of PCP's is evident. There is lots of gear out there that is a waste of money, I know this because I have a cabinet full of it. Not sure about your Hatsan but a PCP rifle with out a regulator is a waste of time and money in my opinion, hammer spring adjustment is also helpful. You need to educate yourself more, read and talking to accomplished PCPer's is a great way. Matt Dubber's YouTube channel is also a great resource. How is your understanding of ballistics? As far as PCP's being "suck ass technology" I shoot 12-15,000 slugs a year out my FX Impacts, 30 & 35 cal,, accurately and many over 300 yards, whether hunting rock chucks or shooting targets. Which in my opinion is pretty badass technology. Recently picked up a Vortex Impact 4000, it is a game changer.
One last thing there is nothing cheap about the PCP world. Spend the time to inform yourself and buy as good as you can afford. Shop around I have two 9 liter tanks that I bought tanks only and put Saber Tactical valves on for $525 each, could have been cheaper with a less expensive valve. Some compressors will not fill tanks, make sure the one you buy will and is water cooled. Don't give up yet!

Walley.jpg

20220802_172909.jpg

There is a huge learning curve with PCP's. Your lack of knowledge of PCP's is evident. There is lots of gear out there that is a waste of money, I know this because I have a cabinet full of it. Not sure about your Hatsan but a PCP rifle with out a regulator is a waste of time and money in my opinion, hammer spring adjustment is also helpful. You need to educate yourself more, read and talking to accomplished PCPer's is a great way. Matt Dubber's YouTube channel is also a great resource. How is your understanding of ballistics? As far as PCP's being "suck ass technology" I shoot 12-15,000 slugs a year out my FX Impacts, 30 & 35 cal,, accurately and many over 300 yards, whether hunting rock chucks or shooting targets. Which in my opinion is pretty badass technology. Recently picked up a Vortex Impact 4000, it is a game changer.
One last thing there is nothing cheap about the PCP world. Spend the time to inform yourself and buy as good as you can afford. Shop around I have two 9 liter tanks that I bought tanks only and put Saber Tactical valves on for $525 each, could have been cheaper with a less expensive valve. Some compressors will not fill tanks, make sure the one you buy will and is water cooled. Don't give up yet!

View attachment 403968

View attachment 403969
Only reason I said it sucks is because I was mis-lead that these were out of the box simple hardware plug high pressure pump into gun pump to the correct level my gun "200 bar" and shoot it.
Is nothingf like this there was no mention that owning a scuba tank was a must. Most that shoot air guns especially 1st time in don't just carry about scuba tanks. So to that end these rifles are kind of crap. A break barrel may be 1 pellet at a time but at least it actually works out of thye box no hunting down odd stuff like a scuba tank with proper fittings.

I was raised with Diana break barrels as a boy starting 53 years ago. These were very high quality and about top of the line back then. Then have owned a decent amount of other springers and multi pumps since then. Just saying that everything has it's strengths and weaknesses.

Have also had a bunch of pcp's. In fact some were very frustrating and these were usually "first year" releases so be weary of these. However with some research you can find very nice pcp's and when this happens those particular springers will be much less appealing.
I have one springer left and sold the rest if that tells you how I feel nowadays.

Good pcp's are simply a pleasure to shoot, are precise, and are very reliable.

I'd take the gun back and start over again after doing due diligence in researching what pcp will work best for you.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
only $700 in? that also is part of your problem. Sadly you are experiencing a case of you get what you pay for. A decent pump will run you 300-400 at least but one that will last will cost more. the GX cs4 is a good choice.

You are sadly finding that most reviewers are nothing more than infomercials for guns. Many have revealed that before they get a gun to test they have to sign NDA's which often state that nothing negative can be said in their video. this makes them infomercials not reviews.

There are some that are alot better and have the ability to talk about the pros and cons and negatives of each. Look at those more.
I spent $800+ on this and it don't work why would I ever consider to spend more? Some may think ahh only $800 but sorry if you buy something and it's advertised to work it should regardless of cost. Saw plenty of videos of this air gun working great,

Reactions: .20calguy
@Safesinger - Have you looked for an air rifle club in your area? Florida is practically crawling with air shooters of all types. I think there are several brick and mortar stores in Florida as well. Would be worth the time and effort to find one or the other or both. Show up at a club and people will be shoving rifles and pellets in your face for you to try. Google maps is your friend.
Yes, only found 1 and it's almost 5 hours away,