RAW Rapid .20 TM 1000

This just in
My HFT TM 1000 in .20 w carbon bottle
Topped with a Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 using Daystate's monorail.
The height allows me to lock my elbows in perfectly in the standing position - eye relief is spot on and easy eyebox!
I'll set up this Sunday and create my dope foot by foot 9 yards out to 38 yards.
IMG_7122.jpeg

Cave dweller, I really like your rig!
Very interesting pistol. I’m seriously considering one.
I love .20 caliber, and the pistol is very efficient in that caliber as I understand it.
With all the pellet choices in .177 I’m tempted to go that way.
Has anyone tried 13.43 knockout slugs in the .177 high powered model?
Slugs at 20 foot pound speed might be great in wind if the barrel can handle them well.
Looking forward to seeing more about this pistol.
And hopefully folks will post pictures of groups out to 50 yards.

Cave dweller, I really like your rig!
Very interesting pistol. I’m seriously considering one.
I love .20 caliber, and the pistol is very efficient in that caliber as I understand it.
With all the pellet choices in .177 I’m tempted to go that way.
Has anyone tried 13.43 knockout slugs in the .177 high powered model?
Slugs at 20 foot pound speed might be great in wind if the barrel can handle them well.
Looking forward to seeing more about this pistol.
And hopefully folks will post pictures of groups out to 50 yards.
Time for a midway update

I am currently weighing the TM1000 pistoli, fully dressed, scope with wheel and all other accesories including the moderator at 8 lb 11 oz.

Balance is as you would expect.. i have the bigger carbon bottle so she has a wee bit more weight forward of a measurable center line... wish i had a way to do demonstrate this... i was thinking i could hang it from a string??
She balances quite well in the sticks and I'm using an overhand grip on the front of the scope for offhand shots; the eye cup I'm using is not in the pic but an eyecup definitely helps with eye-box placement on OR off sticks.

Accuracy is spot on. 10 yards to 55 yards, even though 35 yards is max for pistol HFT.
I always shoot from my indoor bench to outdoor FT range as a way to validate the Strelockpro or Chairgun Elite dope with my actual shot placement / performance. I'm shooting the H&N match .20 pellets as they are flatter in trajectory (not as loopy). Minor POI shifts have been occurring as the gun and barrel are settling in...to be expected. Barrel is still clean. To date i probably have < 250 rounds downrange.

I should have taken a updated pic... (maybe tonight) i replaced the very expensive zip-tie pointer indicator with a maestro designs 40 mm dual pin indicator that attaches over the ocular bell just forward of the eye-cup works brilliantly.

You will notice i used some kinetic 45 degree M-lok pic accessory mounts as a way to create a solid and repeatable place for my sticks to rest. I padded the bottle and the bottle neck with some neoprene.

Notice also i used the Bisley eyecup and a Daystate Alphawolf Pic Monorail @$165.00 available from AOA, as a way to get a better eye-box with more suitable clearance at the loading gate, for my clumsy fingers; the .20 pellets make it much easier to load.

The magnetic wheel is an Eric Sanders scope-werks 6" cut away eccentric. Rings are Eaglevision 30 mm inf. adjustable sidemounts.

Noise level? I moderate anything i shoot do to my suburbia situation. I'm living on the edge until i can buy enough land, in the right location, to start a Field Target Club.

IMG_7390.jpeg

Last edited:
Time for a midway update

I am currently weighing the TM1000 pistoli, fully dressed, scope with wheel and all other accesories including the moderator at 8 lb 11 oz.

Balance is as you would expect.. i have the bigger carbon bottle so she has a wee bit more weight forward of a measurable center line... wish i had a way to do demonstrate this... i was thinking i could hang it from a string??
She balances quite well in the sticks and I'm using an overhand grip on the front of the scope for offhand shots; the eye cup I'm using is not in the pic but an eyecup definitely helps with eye-box placement on OR off sticks.

Accuracy is spot on. 10 yards to 55 yards, even though 35 yards is max for pistol HFT.
I always shoot from my indoor bench to outdoor FT range as a way to validate the Strelockpro or Chairgun Elite dope with my actual shot placement / performance. I'm shooting the H&N match .20 pellets as they are flatter in trajectory (not as loopy). Minor POI shifts have been occurring as the gun and barrel are settling in...to be expected. Barrel is still clean. To date i probably have < 250 rounds downrange.

I should have taken a updated pic... (maybe tonight) i replaced the very expensive zip-tie pointer indicator with a maestro designs 40 mm dual pin indicator that attaches over the ocular bell just forward of the eye-cup works brilliantly.

You will notice i used some kinetic 45 degree M-lok pic accessory mounts as a way to create a solid and repeatable place for my sticks to rest. I padded the bottle and the bottle neck with some neoprene.

Notice also i used a Daystate Alphawolf Pic Monorail @$165.00 available from AOA, as a way to get a better eye-box and more suitable clearance at the loading gate, for my clumsy fingers; the .20 pellets make it much easier to load.

The magnetic wheel is an Eric Sanders scope-werks 6" cut away eccentric. Rings are Eaglevision 30 mm inf. adjustable sidemounts.

Noise level? I moderate anything i shoot do to my suburbia situation. I'm living on the edge until i can buy enough land, in the right location, to start a Field Target Club.

View attachment 446544
Updated picture
IMG_7388.jpeg

IMG_7389.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bucketboy
I don't understand why there is no forward support for either the barrel or the scope.
Raw are built properly, no flimsy barrel or a block made from 100 parts held together with 1000 screws a 10,000 o rings. Once assembled it stays where it’s put👍 I will happily pick up my raw by the barrel or scope without fear of poi shift.😉

Bb

Reactions: cavedweller
Nice👍 IMO the 1000 block is a better option for low to mid power than the X version as it is still capable of good power but being shorter it’s obviously lighter and the balance is closer to the shoulder.

Annoyingly, we can’t get the shorter chassis in the uk, it’s a shame because I am absolutely sure many Theoben Rapid owners would love to fit their Theoben blocks into one☹️

Bb

This just in
My HFT TM 1000 in .20 w carbon bottle
Topped with a Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 using Daystate's monorail.
The height allows me to lock my elbows in perfectly in the standing position - eye relief is spot on and easy eyebox!
I'll set up this Sunday and create my dope foot by foot 9 yards out to 38 yards.
View attachment 430554
Very nice , i am thinking of the same pistol , is the grip comfortable for a lefty ? thanks .

Nice👍

Annoyingly, we can’t get the shorter chassis in the uk, it’s a shame because I am absolutely sure many Theoben Rapid owners would love to fit their Theoben blocks into one☹️

Bb
Such as this ;)
MFR at 12 fpe, barrel a 15" with slip on LDC.
Unscrew butt, Slide off LDC, Slide off hamster it becomes a Legal AAFTA FT Pistol :love:

a15.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller