N/A .22 Cal Custom PP800 Pistol

Hello everyone,

I have “put together” several Artemis, Bandit, Snowpeak PP800 in .177 cal in the past, so I decided to Custom Build a .22 cal this time. I started with a bare PP800 Receiver and added a custom 11.25 inch long Barrel that was threaded on the Crown end with a 1/2-20 thread to accept a Moderator. I installed a complete AR Conversion from Buck Rail and also a Buck Rail Moderator. I added a Dovetail to Picatinny Rail Riser adapter so that I could use various Picatinny mount scopes . I have the trigger pull, set right at 2-pounds which is perfect for me. For now I am using a Red Dot Scope by Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm, 2 MOA. With the current Red Dot Scope this little dude only weights in at 3-pounds and 10-ounces. Currently I am shooting JSB Jumbo 15.89gr pellets at 500FPS giving 8.82 FPE and is very accurate. My plan is to experiment a lot with various weight Wadcutter pellets to shoot paper targets indoors this winter and it will be my primary squirrel gun.

ThomasT
PP800-508B.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have “put together” several Artemis, Bandit, Snowpeak PP800 in .177 cal in the past, so I decided to Custom Build a .22 cal this time. I started with a bare PP800 Receiver and added a custom 11.25 inch long Barrel that was threaded on the Crown end with a 1/2-20 thread to accept a Moderator. I installed a complete AR Conversion from Buck Rail and also a Buck Rail Moderator. I added a Dovetail to Picatinny Rail Riser adapter so that I could use various Picatinny mount scopes . I have the trigger pull, set right at 2-pounds which is perfect for me. For now I am using a Red Dot Scope by Pinty 1*30, Tube 38mm, Lens 30mm, 2 MOA. With the current Red Dot Scope this little dude only weights in at 3-pounds and 10-ounces. Currently I am shooting JSB Jumbo 15.89gr pellets at 500FPS giving 8.82 FPE and is very accurate. My plan is to experiment a lot with various weight Wadcutter pellets to shoot paper targets indoors this winter and it will be my primary squirrel gun.

ThomasT
View attachment 494212
cool little project , where do you source your barrels ?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
That's a nice looking carbine, I like it.
Hello @Mike_Lenardon

I am enjoying shooting this gun more than any other PCP that I have owned. So simple and basic but very accurate. I added a Bi-Pod and have been shooting a bunch of paper targets indoors this morning with the Red Dot scope. I will switch this scope out later on today and hopefully get to shoot targets outdoors.

You need to build one for yourself, "it's a hoot to shoot" :p

ThomasT
PP800-513.jpg

Reactions: crosman2016
I always wanted to buy a pp800 because it's cheap fun but the ugly furniture always makes me change my mind.. but if it came looking like that, I'd buy it
Hello @Scroooface

I have owned I think 5 others and always enjoyed shooting them. Building this one from a basic receiver and then adding the barrel and Buck Rail items really made it special. The Buck Rail add on are not expensive so the completed Pistol is still less than $500.00.

ThomasT

Reactions: Scroooface
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 494212
Wow man, that looks awesome!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

I may have to name this new Pistol the Ninja 22 :ninja:. I was in my shop and looked out the window at the bird feeders and there are two Squirrels about one foot apart eating some of the black sunflower seeds that had falling on the ground. I carefully slide open the window just enough to stick the Moderator out. Dropped the first squirrel and he never moved an inch 🐿️. Loaded another pellet, took aim and dropped the second squirrel 🐿️. There were some Cardinals in one of the feeders and they just kept on eating, this little Pistol/Carbine is so quite and I love it.

I have now eliminated 5 🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️🐿️ with my new rig.

ThomasT