22 cal hunting pellet recommendations for Umarex Notos.

I have an Umarex notos that has become a tack driver for rock pigeons and doves. I want to use it for more game options but unsure what pellets to use

The H&N hollowpoints have absolutely horrible accuracy and work only at 30 yards. I have some gamo redfires that are quite accurate and some crosman hps that work well

Im not familiar with what brands and types of grains are good, Im new in the airgun world with just my Hatsan airtact .25 and Umarex Notos.

ive heard of the hades brand, JB jumbo? And that apparently there are slugs??

I would appreciate any help on clarification or recommendations please. Im thinking on the jp jumbos just because Ive seen them often.

The Hades/Atomics are very effective because they do not “expand” in a traditional sense. The front of the pellet fattens on impact along the serrations, creating a larger frontal area, and expending energy…. but also creating some sharp edges (kind of like a Barnes X-bullet) causing more damage and usually penetrating a bit deeper than your common expanding pellet. They also exit more often than HPs of the same weight, due the deduction in frontal area and sharpness of the petals.

Here’s a .22 FX Atomic at 900fps into 4lbs of modeling clay. You can see the nasty edges on the recovered pellet, and the hefty wound channel. I would not want to get shot with one of these angry little pills!

IMG_3528.jpeg
View attachment 487551

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My Benjamin Marauder Pistol (Prod) is tuned to a little lower fpe than a Notos comes with. All 17 squirrels I've take with it were with non expanding pellets. They work great. At Prod velocities I do not want expansion because the penetration is not too much and I don't want less. I have used Crossman hollow points to take squirrels but they behave just like domed pellets at Prod velocity. My Prod's favorite is copper plated H&N FTTs.

I would just use whatever is most accurate in your gun. Placement is far more important than pellet design.