.22 Sleeping pill for another bandit

Devink

Oct 13, 2023
NY
Gotta lower numbers on these boogers sometimes. Doesn't get much cleaner than this.lights out for 1 of them during their midnight snack the rest are clueless. .22 impact compact at 50 yards. I was using a 16 grain pellet at 1065fps Laser accurate. I like to do something with them, unless they are no good for it. Tanned hide for a wall hanger .

received_1056681682785085.jpeg

20240902_084103.jpg

received_815677274110899.jpeg

good shooting , i like how the others just looked before they took off .
Perfect shot placement. I'm surprised the other ones didn't run off instantly. If you quickly reloaded you might have gotten another raccoon.
Thanks guys. The .22 cal with donny fl is so super quiet. Shots placements like that make everything worth it

I had a similar experience the other night. Had 3 sitting together on a branch and shot one, the other 2 just sat there wondering why their buddy did a gainer off the tree!

Sweet little skin Jon you did there. Any plans to eat the meat or nah? I've never ate raccoon but I've heard it's not bad.
i have ate it years ago, its dark meat IIRC...... greasy squirrel meat kinda :unsure:

That's awesome lol !! These quiet pcps are a blast when you can put a pellet where you want. Doesn't get much better especially when their buddies are wondering what happened!
I'm a taxidermist and make a living doing it for others. So it's easy enough for me to pull the hide off clean and tann it for keeps. Can't say I do it with them all but the nicer ones.. as for the meat really ? don't plan on trying it never have. But if there wasn't better options available I wouldn't starve haha good to know it's eatable.