.22 Weihrauch HW100-T Performance & Maintenance Review - LAST ONE!

Completing this year's annual collection performance and maintenance reviews, I would like to thank all of you terrific AGN members for your participation and comments. I think we have learned a lot from each other.

Purchased from Krale during the pandemic, this rifle is a Weihrauch HW100 T (thumbhole) in walnut. I paired it with a Hawke 6-24x56 Hawke SFP scope on top of Sports Match vertically adjustable rings. After it was received and the barrel was cleaned, I tested about every .22 pellet in my arsenal. While there was a close 2nd and 3rd, the H&N Baracuda Match in 5.53 diameter reigned supreme, particularly when the 50 and 88 yard target groups were factored in.

There are many things to like about this rifle. Built like a tank, perfectly finished, and among the quietest rifles I own. The magazine system is very simple, can be kept loaded because there are no springs to fatigue in the magazine, and the anti-double feed system is very nice. The trigger is as close to perfection as one can get in terms of adjustability. If there is any downside, I only get about 28 shots before it falls off the regulator, but as accurate as it is, I can't see that as an issue.

Pulling it out of the vault last week, it didn't disappoint. I hadn't shot it for at least six months because I loaned it to a friend. I didn't do anything to it but stick the fully loaded magazines in it and start shooting utilizing my indoor 18 yard test range. The results can be found below. I have also included the "best performing" 50 yard targets from the original pellet tests. This is an heirloom rifle that will last many generations with care.

1 - Rifle Image.02.05.22.jpg
2 - Rifle Image.jpg
3 - 18 Yard Test Target.jpg
6 - Test Target 1 at 50 yards.jpg

I agree with all of your comments. I have a laminate carbine version of the HW100 in .177, great rifle. I went with the laminate stock to get the adjustable comb, a feature I really like. I tuned mine down to sub-12 fpe, and it is the perfect yard rifle, and still lethal on squirrels. I'm not sure exactly where I ended up with the reg set point, I just tuned for a good balance at the lower power. I think it's around 80-90 bar. At the lower power level, I get over 80 shots on reg. The carbine version is considerably shorter, and for me, balances better for position shooting, but that's just personal preference. It's a fine rifle that deserves more market share in the US, but it's not the kind of power house that our market typically demands.

How easily adjustable are the regulator and HST?
The HST is adjusted by removing two screws at the rear of the action. The hammer is then easily accessed when the cocking lever is moved. The reg adjusting screw is in the front module of the two-piece receiver. Two screws just forward of the trigger group are loosened, and the action modules separate, then the adjusting screw (maybe a 5mm hex) can be turned to change the set point. It's all easily done, but it takes a little time and patience.