• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

220 Volt Yong Heng?

Anyone have a 220 volt Yong Heng?
If so, did you have to modify the end of your cord, to fit your particular 220 wall outlet?
Was the gauge of the provided Y.H. cord, heavy enough for 220 service?
Have you experienced any advantage of useing a 220v Yong Heng compressor, over a 110v compressor?
Make sure the wire is sized properly to the amperage the motor draws. You can go bigger, but definitely don't go any lower.

It should be a minimum of 12 gauge wire on any standard 220v circuit. 30 amp is 10 gauge, but I doubt it pulls that much lol. I guess it could, I mean 30 is pretty standard for air conditioners up to 2 ton units typically.

Reactions: Airgun Al
They list the motor @ 1.8kw for both flavors so,

Your electric service will be 120/240v

1800w ÷ 240v = 7.5a, 14 awg 15a 2-pole breaker.

1800w ÷ 120v = 15a, 12 awg 20a 1-pole breaker.

Either way you slice it, you should have a dedicated circuit.
Should it have a gfi outlet or gfci breaker?

According to NEC it should! They're water cooled. Don't want to fail an inspection lol.

My code book keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Should it have a gfi outlet or gfci breaker?

According to NEC it should! They're water cooled. Don't want to fail an inspection lol.

My code book keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Yes, for residential, pretty much every new circuit has to have GFI protection. People's pockets are getting really fat.

Yes, for residential, pretty much every new circuit has to have GFI protection. People's pockets are getting really fat.
Damn straight they are. How about the new 2024 code for those stupid surge protectors on new panel installs? Makes no sense, they can land anywhere in thr panel. A surge protector should go before the main or directly after.

Money. Grab.

Damn straight they are. How about the new 2024 code for those stupid surge protectors on new panel installs? Makes no sense, they can land anywhere in thr panel. A surge protector should go before the main or directly after.

Money. Grab.
In CA, we are always one code cycle behind, so we are on 2020. Haven't crossed that bridge yet. A surge protector should be tied to the main buss. Most of ours are just down stream of the main.

In CA, we are always one code cycle behind, so we are on 2020. Haven't crossed that bridge yet. A surge protector should be tied to the main buss. Most of ours are just down stream of the main.
Yeah theyvland on the mains. I guess in theory it will pick up the surge and then it kicks the main off. Dumb idea if you ask me. Same with putting a fridge on a gfi. Can't count how many customers come home from vacations to find a fridge full of bad food. Food is way too expensive for that.

Arc fault breakers on lights suck too. Can't just shut off the switch to change a fixture now. Once that neutral gets disturbed, it's a trip to the panel. Fun times when you're in a house with 2 main panels and 3 subs lol.

Get the 120v mode and use your laundry receptacle. Just don't run the laundry at the same time. No new circuits needed.
I ran a dedicated 20A to my workshop just for my comp and it's fans/water pump. Still gets a little draw dim of the lights when it kicks on of my AC is running. I wonder what the initial load is to turn one on?

I ran a dedicated 20A to my workshop just for my comp and it's fans/water pump. Still gets a little draw dim of the lights when it kicks on of my AC is running. I wonder what the initial load is to turn one on?
Probably 5 times it's name plate rating for a few seconds. That why we have HACR breakers.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Yeah theyvland on the mains. I guess in theory it will pick up the surge and then it kicks the main off. Dumb idea if you ask me. Same with putting a fridge on a gfi. Can't count how many customers come home from vacations to find a fridge full of bad food. Food is way too expensive for that.

Arc fault breakers on lights suck too. Can't just shut off the switch to change a fixture now. Once that neutral gets disturbed, it's a trip to the panel. Fun times when you're in a house with 2 main panels and 3 subs lol.
Exactly why I hate residential. Even your A/C now needs GFI protection. I'm in the wrong business. I should of invested in a lot of these companies.

For commercial and industrial, our TVS just absorbs the transients and doesn't effect the main. They are separated.

I do mostly residential rough and remodel. Remodel is the worst, especially if the wife is playing GC on the job!
I did it for awhile when I was running my own business. I don't miss the attics, crawl spaces and getting bit by ankle biters. I still keep my license active. I still have some customers I take care of on occasion and something to fall back on.

I did it for awhile when I was running my own business. I don't miss the attics, crawl spaces and getting bit by ankle biters. I still keep my license active. I still have some customers I take care of on occasion and something to fall back on.
Attics suck, especially here in the Midwest where it'll be 160 degrees up there by noon. Getting under a trailer isn't fun either. It all sucks lol.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie