• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

$241 YONG HENG COMPRESSOR WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY ?

I see that a brand new, Yong Heng compressor can be purchased via Ebay, for less than $241, and includes a LIFETIME WARRANTY....
Has anyone here purchased one with the lifetime warranty, used the warranty, and if so, could you please describe the warranty process, in detail?

I assume that it would be warranted via Ebay for a short period (maybe 90 days or less).
But when the compressor fails 5 years from now, how does the warranty process work?
Was a detailed warranty process included, at time of purchase?
What happens if the particular Ebay seller is no longer a Ebay seller?
Where does the defective compressor get shipped to, when it eventually fails?
Who pays for the shipping, when the compressor eventually fails?

The price on the compressor is great reguardless!
But the lifetime warranty is the iceing on the cake....
Or is it?
It seems too good to be true!

I just sent messages to several of these Ebay sellers a few minutes ago, and I am waiting on their responses.
I expect this will take a few days.
I will follow up on this thread, when the sellers do respond back to me.
In the mean-time, I would love to hear from a actual consumer here, that used the lifetime warranty process.
Id love to get their 1st hand, point of view on the warranty process.
Whats the catch?

Reactions: HOCK08
I have purchased two yong hengs from eBay, two different sellers and one is still sealed in the original package. It is my impression that warranty is pretty much worthless especially on eBay. In my opinion the seller will have moved on and replaced with another account from possibly the same person. Ever notice that the sellers of the yong heng compressors have almost identical ads for them sometimes even with the misspelling of words and other times the available units or units sold. Again my opinion, even if the warranty was legit it would probably cost more to ship it rather than just buy replacement parts or a new unit.

I have purchased two yong hengs from eBay, two different sellers and one is still sealed in the original package. It is my impression that warranty is pretty much worthless especially on eBay. In my opinion the seller will have moved on and replaced with another account from possibly the same person. Ever notice that the sellers of the yong heng compressors have almost identical ads for them sometimes even with the misspelling of words and other times the available units or units sold. Again my opinion, even if the warranty was legit it would probably cost more to ship it rather than just buy replacement parts or a new unit.
I agree.

A large quantity of lifetime warranties that need attention, would be a great reason for a Ebay seller to simply "disapear", or to change user names.

The warranty is probably NOT backed up by the manufacture (Yong Heng), but probably only backed up by the seller.

So if the seller disappears, so would the warranty!

I will know more soon, as I have questioned 5 or 6 of these Yong Heng Ebay sellers.
I have also questioned Ebay as well, just to see what their response is as well.

But I suspect you are 100% correct.

Last edited:
I personally view all ebay warranties from non-factory sources (aka individual sellers) to be "lifetime" - they last the life of whatever it is you buy, and when the product dies its lifetime is over, along with the warranty. Even if it is DOA.

You might get a good response on a DOA item, but not always. You pay your money and take your chances . . . .

chinese ebay sellers based out of cali? most have multiple accounts and rotate them around ... down the road if your constantly breaking them and being a pita theyll get scarce on ya, 'no speaky engly' lol ..most likely ..yong hengs are generic compressors and they are usually pretty good about replacing them if they are doa ..other than that i wouldnt count on warranty .. theyre disposable .. if your halfway reasonable about use theyll last several years for a couple of bills ..

No surprise here!
I sent questions to a total of 5 different Ebay sellers, that offer the lifetime warranty on the Yong Heng compressor...
Its been 3 days, and not one of the 5 different sellers have responed!
2 of the 5 however, offered me a "Special Discount" which brings the price from $240 , down to $228 delivered, but still no info on the lifetime warranty.

Here are the questions I asked all 5 different sellers, and not 1 replied:

Hello home-sports !
Im thinking about buying one of these compresors.
Could I please get a copy of the lifetime warranty process, before buying?
Please describe the lifetime warranty process.
What happens if the compressor fails?
Where does the compressor get shipped to, in the event of failure, many years from now?
Who pays for shipping, in the event of failure, many years from now?
What happens if you (home-sports) are no longer selling on Ebay, when the compressor fails?
Is the warranty still valid, if you (home-sports) are no longer an active seller on Ebay?
Thank you.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
No surprise here!
I sent questions to a total of 5 different Ebay sellers, that offer the lifetime warranty on the Yong Heng compressor...
Its been 3 days, and not one of the 5 different sellers have responed!
2 of the 5 however, offered me a "Special Discount" which brings the price from $240 , down to $228 delivered, but still no info on the lifetime warranty.

Here are the questions I asked all 5 different sellers, and not 1 replied:

Hello home-sports !
Im thinking about buying one of these compresors.
Could I please get a copy of the lifetime warranty process, before buying?
Please describe the lifetime warranty process.
What happens if the compressor fails?
Where does the compressor get shipped to, in the event of failure, many years from now?
Who pays for shipping, in the event of failure, many years from now?
What happens if you (home-sports) are no longer selling on Ebay, when the compressor fails?
Is the warranty still valid, if you (home-sports) are no longer an active seller on Ebay?
Thank you.

This is exactly my opinion on buying from ebay. I dont have any issues with buying items there, but as far as warranty I would not bother at least for a heavy item like a compressor.

Reactions: Airgun Al