• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

250 vs. 300 Bar Bottles

General Question to all of you out there. Has anyone actually counted to see how many more shots you get with a 300 bar bottle vs. the standard 250 bar bottle? I read where people say you will get 50% or 85% more shots, but can't find where someone has actually posted what they went from and to between the two bottles. Interested in what the counts were for 480cc and 300cc bottles.

Reactions: HOCK08
General Question to all of you out there. Has anyone actually counted to see how many more shots you get with a 300 bar bottle vs. the standard 250 bar bottle? I read where people say you will get 50% or 85% more shots, but can't find where someone has actually posted what they went from and to between the two bottles. Interested in what the counts were for 480cc and 300cc bottles.
Varies by air use so …..

This is not exact, but it’s close. This applies to regulated airguns. You need to know how low you allow the pressure to get before you refill, and how many shots that gives you.

For instance, you might get 20 shots when you fill to 250bar and shoot down to 200bar. With an equal size bottle filled to 300bar and shooting down to 200bar, you will get approximately 40 shots. That’s 2x the original shot count. But if you typically shoot down to 100bar, you will only see a 33% increase.

(300-250)/(250-200)=2

That’s 100% more.

(300-100)/(250-100)=1.33

That’s only 33% more.

Be warned that some regulated airguns are not designed to have the regulators fed such a high pressure.

You may even open a can of worms when going to a 300 bar fill as you may get more shots, but the shots that are most acurate maybe still be between 250 and 180 bar. My uragan shoots best between 240 and 180 but it is advertised as being a 300 bar fill. With my bench gun I tether so my bottle is always at 200 bar.

What I mean is after going to a 300 bar fill it is possible your first regulator will need to be gone thru or replaced to properly regulate 300 bar

Allen