FX 30 caliber PCP..Which one??

Interestingly enough, doesn't the Artemis also make a .30 m60?

IMG_5399.jpeg

So I have decided on the purchase of a 30 PCP. I allready own an FX Crown Contiuum in .25. It does an amazing job but as I have stated in a previous post it seems to lack killing power on woodchucks out to like 125 yards. I am able to hit them but they almost always seem to find their way back into their hole. I know that the FX line is going to put more of a hurt in my wallet, but so far my choices are the FX Crown...Panthera 70mm ...Dynamic express 700mm. The reason for the last two is basically they are more dedicated slug rifles. Also length is not that much of a concern because I usually shoot from a good solid base. Also at this time it seems like Utah Airguns have these ready to go.
So what are your airgunners thoughts on this? Is there others out there that I should consider? The RAW looks like a good choice also.
Your imput would be greatle appreciated!!
Thanks!
My thoughts are don’t over look a good powder burner. I love shooting groundhogs with my pcp but it is really fun to take long shots with a bullet. Some of these prices are insane to just push lead with air. I love air but I also live in the USA and use gun powder to push lead 😂 Just remember to have fun and not to get to caught up in the marketing. No matter what you buy they will always make you think there’s something better to buy.

My thoughts are don’t over look a good powder burner. I love shooting groundhogs with my pcp but it is really fun to take long shots with a bullet. Some of these prices are insane to just push lead with air. I love air but I also live in the USA and use gun powder to push lead 😂 Just remember to have fun and not to get to caught up in the marketing. No matter what you buy they will always make you think there’s something better to buy.
On that note, cheaper than the rest and capable of 120fpe projectile depending the gauntlet can meet those needs if need be.

Reactions: bigbuck89
I too own an FX Crown in .25 and really like it. However I bought an American Air Arms Evol Paradigm in .30 for Coyote hunting. We have Woodchucks here in Oklahoma but only in the eastern part of the State, so I can't tell you about any experience hunting them, but the Paradigm is a hard hitter with laser accuracy. It is a looker as well, and pride of ownership is through the roof, FWIW.

Evol Paradigm Arken.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

I have and use a .30 Paradigm too, they work, no drama. I laugh and shake my head when people tell everybody how tough woodhuck's are and they wouldn't shoot past "X," great, don't. It's important to know your limitations but don't put yours on everyone else. It seems to me from my experience, if you stay within whatever range your gun can shoot consistently within 1.5" given the conditions you're in, with about 20fpe on target, then a headshot kills them everytime. They ain't wearing kevlar helmets. With a really good .25 or .30 that is a lot further than 60y. The last handful of woodchucks I've shot were all over 75y headshots drt. The only consideration that I give, over 75y, is if they are moving, I won't shoot, because of bullet hang time, not inaccuracy or power. If they are sunning themselves on a rock, and you are in a good position, everything ranged and figured for, with a good gun, 100y is very doable.

Last edited:
I have and use a .30 Paradigm too, they work, no drama. I laugh and shake my head when people tell everybody how tough woodhuck's are and they wouldn't shoot past "X," great, don't. It's important to know your limitations but don't put yours on everyone else. It seems to me from my experience, if you stay within whatever range your gun can shoot consistently within 1.5" given the conditions you're in, with about 20fpe on target, then a headshot kills them everytime. They ain't wearing kevlar helmets. With a really good .25 or .30 that is a lot further than 60y. The last handful of woodchucks I've shot were all over 75y headshots drt. The only consideration that I give, over 75y, is if they are moving, I won't shoot, because of bullet hang time, not inaccuracy or power. If they are sunning themselves on a rock, and you are in a good position, everything ranged and figured for, with a good gun, 100y is very doable.

Amen!! Their skulls aren’t made of steel.

The uragan .30 is plenty accurate enough to kill groundhogs at that distance.
Been pretty impressed with the Uragan .30 I purchased here from the classifieds. It shoots the FX hybrid (865fps) and 50 grain H&N II’s (850fps) like a champ. I’ve not shot any ‘chucks with it yet, but I have hammered several doves in the 100 yard neighborhood.

Reactions: pnwairgunner