• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.30 Skout @100Y

My scores were low. Ashland OR has crazy winds. Qual 100Y cards were 213 and 224. That was as the highest aggregate qual score. Final was 217-3x.
It sounds like an excuse but the wind never remains the same more than 2 seconds. I had to shift from tripod and rear rest in qual relay 1 to bipod and rear bag for relay 2 and the Final. The tripod/rear ST rest was too slow. By the time you shot a sighter and came up to the target the wind had changed. Reading the wind flags accurately would require a Cray supercomputer.

Finals pellet card 217-3x (1st) .30 cal AEA 45 grain. See the two 7s and the 6? That’s what happens when you’re holding 1.5 MOA left and the wind switches direction as you pull the trigger. 😞

1715139630542.jpeg

Finals slug card. 232-5x. (4th). .25 Altaros 49.5 grain. Slugs are just sooo much easier. First was 234-5x.

1715139786989.jpeg

Last edited:
That's great shooting in those conditions Mike. Did I read somewhere that you are using FX liners in your Skouts?
Yes. Only one Skout presently. I am using a .30 FX Superior 1:40 twist pellet liner. Nothing special no cherry picked, bought a single liner from UA and that’s what I got. Cleaned it good then installed. I’ll tell you I shot two EFT rounds and three 100Y cards, and the liner still looks like I just cleaned it.

All the testing and getting the Skout done right paid off this past weekend. I won the 100Y BR and came in 6th in the Extreme FT with the .30 Skout. I was told that I’ll get a new EVO once they are released. I’m going to go for a .25 short barrel slugger. Already have Gold so I’d like an Orange one. Glad I won my Skout at EBR 2023 in the raffle. The gun shot beautifully with the AEA 45 grain pellets at 865 fps.

I also shot day two in EFT GP event, and it rained the entire time, plus it was cold…. No issues with the electronics getting wet.

Getting it ready for RMAC next.
Did you get a chance to check out or shoot the EVO Bill won with?

Did you get a chance to check out or shoot the EVO Bill won with?
Nope. Bill had a great card. I did win a new Evo from the Golden Gun program, will get it once they are in production. Would like one that's Orange and in .25 caliber slug 25" barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanT55
Hey Mike - You're on the dance floor!

I just saw this today and could not be happier for you! All I can say is wow, great shooting!!

I vividly recall all of our PMs, many phone conversations and discussions around bench rest. You wanted this badly and practiced a lot, and this is the culmination of all that hard work.

p.s. I'm glad I am not in the arena, too many lions out there.

Great Job!

Tom

• Love
Reactions: Centercut
Hey Mike - You're on the dance floor!

I just saw this today and could not be happier for you! All I can say is wow, great shooting!!

I vividly recall all of our PMs, many phone conversations and discussions around bench rest. You wanted this badly and practiced a lot, and this is the culmination of all that hard work.

p.s. I'm glad I am not in the arena, too many lions out there.

Great Job!

Tom
Thanks Tommy. The real Lions are at RMAC. All we had here were Bobcats, including me. 😂