30-Yard Challenge

Shot 30Y Masters only today. Revere .22 with FX Atomic 15.89g at 865-867 FPS.

Light wind, but my shooting and wind reading was not so good today. The Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 FFP is a great scope but the reticle is too thick at 24X. Too many ‘8’s’ and a few 7’s across the five cards.

Best I could do was a 195, but it went down from there.

I forgot my 18.1g pellets.

IMG_1773.jpeg

Reactions: JimD
“Three Cheers for Ed (EPG)” for keeping this Challenge thriving.

I know my accuracy, shooting technique, wind reading, and overall knowledge of target shooting have all significantly improved since shooting my first card 2 1/2 years ago. I suspect this is also true for many others.

Most importantly, for tallying all these scores every month. That has to be a time consuming task!

Everyone really appreciates it and we all just wanted you to know that we don’t take it for granted!

Hi Guys!
It has been a while since I shot any Challenge cards as I have been concentrating on Field Target. I have done pretty well there this year (and I say shooting these targets has helped me), but my wind calls need work. So today is kind of blustery with 6-8 mph winds with gusts to 13mph. A great chance to work on wind calls.
Here is the best 30yd Challenge I have shot this year. A 198-16x. I was holding between about .5 to 1.25 MOA left and just a hair up depending on how the wind felt. More wind more left and up. The first 4 targets on the card were kind of rough, and then I got in a groove.
To give you and idea of how the wind was affecting the pellets I want to show my setup. I tape the Challenge cards to an 11x17 IBS 50yd target and then hang that on my stand (see 2nd picture below for typical setup). This gives me a bunch of bulls to use for sighters. The third picture below shows a closeup
of two bulls where I shot groups with a constant hold while I was trying to figure out the wind. Note the X-dot is the same size as on the challenge targets.
The final picture is my plot of the 20 shots that counted on a single bull to get a physical image of how tight the group needs to be to score high in this challange.
Cheers,
Greg
20240924_150238.jpg
20240924_150344.jpg
20240924_150455.jpg

198-16x 30 yd Challange with Wind.png