30-Yard Challenge

I’m close to entering this again. New rifle is scoped and ready. I’m preparing to go on 3 month paternity leave with my son. The last two weeks have been getting ducks in a row at work. Throw in there a trial for attempted murder, and a deposition. After work it’s been playing with the dogs and tending to a newborn.
One more day of work and 3 months off!

I’m close to entering this again. New rifle is scoped and ready. I’m preparing to go on 3 month paternity leave with my son. The last two weeks have been getting ducks in a row at work. Throw in there a trial for attempted murder, and a deposition. After work it’s been playing with the dogs and tending to a newborn.
One more day of work and 3 months off!

Hurry up Florida_Man…

… I’m upping the ante - I’m shooting 40 Yard Master’s cards now, lol.

Daystates shoot better straight from the box of any brand. Get some lead down that barrel and LETS GO!!

👍🏻😎

My 1st 30 Yard Masters Card shot with RTI Prophet Performance .22 LR.

That 96% tune is working great!!

197 13X on a very breezy drizzly day.

“The Prophet Takes No Prisoners” - and apparently doesn’t even want sighters!! Lol.

Now I’m gonna try this again - to see if it was a fluke !!

IMG_2960.jpeg

Well,

Not a fluke. Just shot 195 9X and this incredible 199 15X on my next two cards.

The 199 15X tops my old high score with this Prophet with the REGULAR card.

This 96% tune seems amazing. Look at the vertical across these three cards - almost every shot has a chance to be a ten or X if the Left/Right hold is correct.

I was reading on this forum from some of the competition shooters - they explained that this is what you want, a gun that has as small a vertical dispersion as possible.

Damn, I pulled down a bit on that “9” shot on Target pair #3 - coulda, woulda, shoulda been a Masters 200, lol…

Freakin’ love my Prophets!!

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

I was able to get out just long enough to do a couple sighters and a card before baby bottle/pump sanitation protocol.

1. I have to check again that the scope is level.
2. First two lines was with a 0db 110c, didn't seem like it liked it. Switched to a Buck Rail mod i just received.
3. I used this rest for the first time. My right arm below my elbow is still numb. I'll be going back to bags.

With all that in mind, I probably will take some time to try different pellets and moderator combinations.

It's a beautiful rifle and it shoots better then this score shows. But its on the board now.

Daystate Huntsman Revere 177

Last edited:
Congrats Florida_Man !

In my opinion, that is the ultimate backyard rifle. Now that I have a .22 Wolverine, I wish my Regal was .177 like your Revere.

Is yours regulated or unregulated? It is THE classic Daystate - a .177 Huntsman!!

Please share shot count info when you have time.

That rifle will shoot a 200 within two weeks - they are that good. Only limitation on accuracy is the consistency in the tin of pellets you are shooting.

Reactions: oledawg
I was able to get out just long enough to do a couple sighters and a card before baby bottle/pump sanitation protocol.

1. I have to check again that the scope is level.
2. First two lines was with a 0db 110c, didn't seem like it liked it. Switched to a Buck Rail mod i just received.
3. I used this rest for the first time. My right arm below my elbow is still numb. I'll be going back to bags.

With all that in mind, I probably will take some time to try different pellets and moderator combinations.

It's a beautiful rifle and it shoots better then this score shows. But its on the board now.

Daystate Huntsman Revere 177

Hello @Florida_Man

Beautiful rifle and a nice card (y)

ThomasT

Congrats Florida_Man !

In my opinion, that is the ultimate backyard rifle. Now that I have a .22 Wolverine, I wish my Regal was .177 like your Revere.

Is yours regulated or unregulated? It is THE classic Daystate - a .177 Huntsman!!

Please share shot count info when you have time.

That rifle will shoot a 200 within two weeks - they are that good. Only limitation on accuracy is the consistency in the tin of pellets you are shooting.
It’s a regulated, that’s the way they sell the Safari. I don’t know if my son will be left or right eye dominant, so I figured the ambidextrous stock was the way to go.

I have a few pellets to try…

IMG_9780.jpeg

Now that I have gotten to know my Lupo Rosso and found out what pellets she likes time to post a target. I do have a plug so it was used to check some of the scores. I believe it is a 198 with 16x

Damn if I know what I did differently for shots 14 & 15 the two back to back 8 shots.

@EPG you will be happy to hear I was shooting out of the tin, no weighing or sizing, from the tin. Oh and the trigger is dreamy.

30 yd challenge 10:9:23 198 16x.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that I have gotten to know my Lupo Rosso and found out what pellets she likes time to post a target. I do have a plug so it was used to check some of the scores. I believe it is a 198 with 16x

Damn if I know what I did differently for shots 14 & 15 the two back to back 8 shots.

@EPG you will be happy to hear I was shooting out of the tin, no weighting or sizing, from the tin. Oh and the trigger is dreamy.

View attachment 395255
Hello @oledawg

Nice card (y)

ThomasT

Damn if I know what I did differently for shots 14 & 15 the two back to back shots.

@EPG you will be happy to hear I was shooting out of the tin, no weighting or sizing, from the tin.

View attachment 395255
nice shooting

It’s a regulated, that’s the way they sell the Safari. I don’t know if my son will be left or right eye dominant, so I figured the ambidextrous stock was the way to go.

I have a few pellets to try…

View attachment 394709
Beautiful Huntsman Revere, Wow I thought I had a wide variety when testing my Red Wolf .22.

One more test to see if I have one or two competition pellets then I’ve got lots that I can shoot to work on my form and help those other pellets score better. I need work on my scope position and I think I need to raise my comb as well. Moving my head too much.

Looking forward to seeing you dial in the pellets and what ends up working.

TYC Leaderboard Update

New Submissions and Notable happenings…

New TYC Leaderboard Submissions:
  • EPG – 199 15X using his RTI Prophet Performance .22 (20 shot Master’s Target)
  • Oledawg – 198 16X using his Daystate Redwolf HP .22
  • Florida_Man - 194 11X using his brand new Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari .177
Notables:
  • Beerthief tries to shoot the 768 bulls target … he was doing great until he ran out of ammo…
  • EPG attempted to stir up interest by trying the Masters card – as well as some longer range 40 yard shooting with both the Challenge and Masters target cards…
30 Yard Masters Card:
  • EPG – 199 15X (!) with RTI Prophet Performance .22 – FX 18.13 @ 901fps (made regular Leaderboard)
  • EPG – 198 15X with FX Dreamline .177 – FX 10.3 @ 907.2fps
  • EPG – 196 16X with FX Dreamline .177 – FX 10.3 @ 907.2fps
40 Yards with Challenge Card:
  • EPG – 197 12X (!) using his Daystate Wolverine R HP .22
  • EPG – 193 12X using RTI Prophet Performance .25 caliber
  • EPG – 193 9X using his RTI Prophet Performance .22 caliber
40 Yard Masters Card:
  • EPG – 188 8X with RTI Prophet Performance .22 – FX 18.13 @ 901fps

Comment on using Masters Card…

I’m really liking the data that the Masters card provides. As I’ve said before, I’m not necessarily after 200s, but rather consistent & repeatable accuracy. The great thing about the Masters card is that “flyers” have no place to hide. I’m hoping to see Masters Cards with no “8s” as I continue to improve – this means that basically all your shots are INSIDE 1/2” at 30 yards… that’s some serious accuracy…

AGN Leaderboard.jpeg

AGN HoA.jpeg

Keep on getting that lead downrange !

-Ed

Last edited:

TYC Leaderboard Update

New Submissions and Notable happenings…

New TYC Leaderboard Submissions:
  • EPG – 199 15X using his RTI Prophet Performance .22 (20 shot Master’s Target)
  • Oledawg – 198 16X using his Daystate Redwolf HP .22
  • Florida_Man - 194 11X using his brand new Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari .177
Notables:
  • Beerthief tries to shoot the 768 bulls target … he was doing great until he ran out of ammo…
  • EPG attempted to stir up interest by trying the Masters card – as well as some longer range 40 yard shooting with both the Challenge and Masters target cards…
30 Yard Masters Card:
  • EPG – 199 15X (!) with RTI Prophet Performance .22 – FX 18.13 @ 901fps (made regular Leaderboard)
  • EPG – 198 15X with FX Dreamline .177 – FX 10.3 @ 907.2fps
  • EPG – 196 16X with FX Dreamline .177 – FX 10.3 @ 907.2fps
40 Yards with Challenge Card:
  • EPG – 197 12X (!) using his Daystate Wolverine R HP .22
  • EPG – 193 12X using RTI Prophet Performance .25 caliber
  • EPG – 193 9X using his RTI Prophet Performance .22 caliber
40 Yard Masters Card:
  • EPG – 188 8X with RTI Prophet Performance .22 – FX 18.13 @ 901fps

Comment on using Masters Card…

I’m really liking the data that the Masters card provides. As I’ve said before, I’m not necessarily after 200s, but rather consistent & repeatable accuracy. The great thing about the Masters card is that “flyers” have no place to hide. I’m hoping to see Masters Cards with no “8s” as I continue to improve – this means that basically all your shots are INSIDE 1/2” at 30 yards… that’s some serious accuracy…

View attachment 395567

View attachment 395569

Keep on getting that lead downrange !

-Ed
Well done Ed well done indeed.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Shooting from the tin the two JTS 21.53 & 22.07, visual inspection (with glasses) along with a bit of oil. Did some changes to the comb only scope was in a good position. Struggling with the wind on the first card, hardly any of my holds effectively delt with the wind. More shooting is needed to work things out.

Top 193 11x
Second 197 11x

30 yd challenge 10:10:23 2.jpeg
30 yd challenge 10:10:23.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Leaderboard submission:
RTI Prophet Performance V1 .22 LR
FX 18.13g @ 901 fps (96% tune - reg at 90)
Sightron SIII 45X

I came home from work, just enough light to shoot a dozen shots. So I shot 12 shots at a practice card I started with the Wolverine the other day - hit 11Xs on 12 shots!

Damn, this Prophet with 96% tune (and now 3.5 ounce trigger) shot 199 on the Masters Card the other day…

…so I wanted to try for 200… but it was dark… but I went for it anyway…

The Prophet proceeded to shoot 200 in the dark, lol - used my flashlight target illuminator from Amazon to keep shooting!

I double checked all holes with plug - definitely 200. Note that Target pair #12 went to crap. Temperatures were dropping fast and I had to aim slightly higher as I went along through the card - by #12 things were getting cold and PoI was getting wonky. Btw, I single shot loaded straight from the tin - in the dark - Prophet requires no SSL - straight into the barrel. I had to feel which was the skirt end… and I didn’t mess up.

I’m not an addict… target shooting in the dark is “normal” I told my gal, lol.

-Ed

IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2985.jpeg

Shooting from the tin the two JTS 21.53 & 22.07, visual inspection (with glasses) along with a bit of oil. Did some changes to the comb only scope was in a good position. Struggling with the wind on the first card, hardly any of my holds effectively delt with the wind. More shooting is needed to work things out.

Top 193 11x
Second 197 11x
Hi oledawg,

Looking at all 48 shots, you never miss high with your RW. You had one shot that was a bit high, but still caught the 10.

Your vertical looks very consistent except for the occasional shot that drops low. Probably lots of potential reasons for low shots, but I doubt its pellet weight because your velocity is so high that even 50 fps would likely be negligible at 30 yards.

Last edited: