30-Yard Challenge

First card with Prophet Performance .22 since the 200 yesterday.

Masters Card is unforgiving. I felt that I shot well - 193 13X with only one “8” - on the 1st shot, lol.

Anyone else try the Masters card?

-Ed

IMG_2987.jpeg

First card with Prophet Performance .22 since the 200 yesterday.

Masters Card is unforgiving. I felt that I shot well - 193 13X with only one “8” - on the 1st shot, lol.

Anyone else try the Masters card?

-Ed

View attachment 395933
Next time I shoot I’ve got 10 printed up. Working outside this morning messed up lower back. Been in bed with hot and cold for awhile along with Advils. Still in some pain but should be better tomorrow. I’m getting to check out for a week a used SIII 10-50x60 Field Target IR with MOA-2 reticle. Really excited about that.

My 2nd Masters card with the Prophet .22 today…

… 199 13X - almost a 200 Masters.

I was experimenting with different trigger pulls on this card, wasn’t paying close attention and didn’t expect it to be a 199 - wish I could swap the bullseye sighter for the 9, lol. The 9 wasn’t that close, and I’ve had a 199 15X Masters with this Prophet… so it gives me “something to shoot” for, lol.

Target#4 just caught the 10 ring… barely, lol

-Ed

IMG_2988.jpeg

IMG_2989.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpeg
    IMG_2990.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
Next time I shoot I’ve got 10 printed up. Working outside this morning messed up lower back. Been in bed with hot and cold for awhile along with Advils. Still in some pain but should be better tomorrow. I’m getting to check out for a week a used SIII 10-50x60 Field Target IR with MOA-2 reticle. Really excited about that.
Sorry to hear about your back oledawg.

I’ve got over $100,000 in titanium (surgery) in my lower back… too many years of tournament tennis. I know how back pain can cripple you - I couldn’t walk or stand without significant pain prior to surgery. Now I’m pain free, but have to be very careful with my back.

I love my Sightron target scopes - got 4 of them now. I just target shoot from a bench, have not tried field target, so fixed magnification Sightron scopes work great for me. I’m sure that you will enjoy that 10-50 - its motivation to get well soon.

-Ed

Sorry to hear about your back oledawg.

I’ve got over $100,000 in titanium (surgery) in my lower back… too many years of tournament tennis. I know how back pain can cripple you - I couldn’t walk or stand without significant pain prior to surgery. Now I’m pain free, but have to be very careful with my back.

I love my Sightron target scopes - got 4 of them now. I just target shoot from a bench, have not tried field target, so fixed magnification Sightron scopes work great for me. I’m sure that you will enjoy that 10-50 - its motivation to get well soon.

-Ed
Thanks Ed

Reactions: ThomasT
Here’s my two targets I shot tonight - both Masters Cards.

The Prophet doesn’t miss, I do. It was getting cold and I’m shooting with flashlight on targets. I made a nice recovery after shooting an 8 on the 2nd card - got 15Xs

I’d better toughen up quickly because the real cold weather is coming and I shoot all winter when its 30 degrees out.

Hope you guys are getting some lead downrange.

IMG_2997.png

IMG_2995.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

Hello Ed

Please accept this card as my first attempt at the 30 Yard Challenge Master Class. Shooting a new rifle and new pellets so I am still sorting out the accuracy.

Rifle: JTS MAX .22 cal
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JTS Dead Center Precision 18.1
Score: 188 3X’s

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.18.jpg

Reactions: oledawg
Groups vs. Target…

Messing around shooting Masters Card at 40 Yards with .25 caliber RTI LR barrel.

Before I started the card, I zeroed with 3 shots - all went into one hole that measured .35” edge to edge with .25 cal pellets.

The card was 186 6X - and that is reshooting a crazy flyer I got on Target #6 - shot two Xs on Target #5 and then released a nice shot (I thought) and watched it hit a 6 lol…

I thought this was a good demo of the difference between shooting tight groups at 40 yards vs. hitting a precise target at 40 yards - consistently…

40 Yard Masters is a CHALLENGE!

-Ed

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_3004.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

Good morning Ed,

I offer this card as my upgrade for the 30 Yard Challenge Master Class. Beautiful conditions but a bit cold at 51f and 3mph wind.

Score: 196 9X’s

ThomasT

AiracudaMax22.00.20.jpg

Good morning Ed,

I offer this card as my upgrade for the 30 Yard Challenge Master Class. Beautiful conditions but a bit cold at 51f and 3mph wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 396968

Excellent results Thomas! How do you like your Athlon glass and magnification clarity at 30-35 power? I have a Gen1 BTR at 6-24X50 FFP, but really want another SFP for 30, 50 and 100 yard target shooting.

Good morning Ed,

ThomasT
Nice Shooting ThomasT !

You are getting better with that Airacuda Max every day .

I’d like to try the JTS pellets, hope to find some soon.

Excellent results Thomas! How do you like your Athlon glass and magnification clarity at 30-35 power? I have a Gen1 BTR at 6-24X50 FFP, but really want another SFP for 30, 50 and 100 yard target shooting.
Hello @tommyb

Love this scope and using the 40x at 25 and 30 yards, and with that tiny Dot on the Bull, just cannot miss 😛 .

ThomasT

Nice Shooting ThomasT !

You are getting better with that Airacuda Max every day .

I’d like to try the JTS pellets, hope to find some soon.
Hello @EPG

Ed, I now have over 750 rounds shot with this rifle and the barrel is really getting "seasoned". I have shot a stack of paper this morning and getting really good results.

ThomasT

Hello Ed,

Well I am shot ...... out :cry:. I turned in my 196 card early this morning and have shot a small stack of the Master Class targets since then and finally got really lucky and shot this 199 card. I found myself grinding my teeth shooting so it is time for me to stop for a while . This Challenge is HARD 🥵

Score: 199 16X’s

ThomasT
AiracudaMax22.00.22.jpg

Nice shooting ThomasT !

That 199 ties my high with the Masters Card - the pressure builds as you get past shot # 15, lol.

Here is my 1st card today - shot at 40 yards in breezy conditions with the Prophet .22 and 18.13g

193 10X - I’m very happy with that in these conditions. 40 yards is a whole new ball game. The flyer on Target pair #10 felt like a perfect release… any deformation of your pellet is really magnified at 40 yards with this little target.

[Edit]
Went for a 40 yard Masters immediately after. It was way too breezy at the start, but I battled and it got less breezy near the end. Target was illuminated with a flashlight and temperature was dropping from 58 to 50 VERY fast. Not sure why the shot on #9 went high, didn’t feel that I pulled down. Had to keep clicking up on the scope as temps dropped (this scope clicks are 1/10 Mil , lol - so a couple clicks ain’t much)

187 7X - only two 8s - I’m happy in these conditions at this distance. “The Prophet takes no Prisoners “ 👍🏻😉

-Ed

IMG_3010.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Nice shooting ThomasT !

That 199 ties my high with the Masters Card - the pressure builds as you get past shot # 15, lol.

Here is my 1st card today - shot at 40 yards in breezy conditions with the Prophet .22 and 18.13g

193 10X - I’m very happy with that in these conditions. 40 yards is a whole new ball game. The flyer on Target pair #10 felt like a perfect release… any deformation of your pellet is really magnified at 40 yards with this little target.

[Edit]
Went for a 40 yard Masters immediately after. It was way too breezy at the start, but I battled and it got less breezy near the end. Target was illuminated with a flashlight and temperature was dropping from 58 to 50 VERY fast. Not sure why the shot on #9 went high, didn’t feel that I pulled down. Had to keep clicking up on the scope as temps dropped (this scope clicks are 1/10 Mil , lol - so a couple clicks ain’t much)

187 7X - only two 8s - I’m happy in these conditions at this distance. “The Prophet takes no Prisoners “ 👍🏻😉

-Ed

View attachment 397094
Hello Ed,

The pressure begins to build on the first shot for me 😛. First shot is a 10 and now you cannot screw up and it gets worst each after shot. 30-yards is hard and I don't know how you are shooting at 40 yards (y). Those are some super cards at 40.

ThomasT

• Haha
Hello Ed,

The pressure begins to build on the first shot for me 😛. First shot is a 10 and now you cannot screw up and it gets worst each after shot. 30-yards is hard and I don't know how you are shooting at 40 yards (y). Those are some super cards at 40.

ThomasT

Lol, only if you let the pressure build… At 40 yards, I’m still a rookie - so I’m trying to minimize 8s more than final score - although I did shoot a 197 at 40 yards with my crazy Daystate Wolverine R HP…

40 yards - you need a damn good scope. I shoot straight from the tin, so that’s where pellet inconsistencies really show at the longer distance.

This .22 Prophet was so dialed in at 30 yards that I thought every card was gonna be 200 - shot multiple 199 Masters Cards at 30…. so 40 yards is the next logical “Challenge”.

I just bought another rifle tonight - I don’t know why - impulse - but I have a feeling its gonna be lotsa fun…

-Ed

Went to work in city office today…
… wanted to shoot a target, but dark when I got home…

So, I shot a Masters Card at 40 yards with the Prophet .22… IN THE DARK, lol

188 9X is my best score on a 40-yard Masters Card with the .22 Prophet. (My best overall 40 Masters is 188 10X with the .25 Prophet) !

188 @ 40 shot in the dark at 40 yards - this Amazon rechargeable flashlight comes with a little tripod and is perfect for target illumination. The part I have to concentrate the most on is loading the pellets. The Prophet lets you load them directly into the barrel with your thumb - but you gotta feel which end is the skirt in the dark, lol.

I wish I could replace Target #5 with my sighters and I would have broke 190 at 40Masters.

-Ed

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

My new rifle arrived today guys. Let’s say I was a little excited… check out how fast I got it up and running… here is my timeline, lol…

1:45 - FedEx delivers box
1:48 – Box Opened and contents confirmed, rifle inspected
2:00 – Barrel cleaned with Patchworm, Scope mounted
2:00 – 2:35 – Work
2:42 – Scope sighted in at 30 yards (5 total shots)
2:48 – Chronoed 1st 5 shot group (shots 6-10 – one hole @ 30 yards)
2:57 – Power adjusted from 921 to 902 fps during 5 shot group (tested how many clicks relates to fps)
3:13 – Completed 40 Yard Masters target (2 sighters) 179 6X with Athlon Argos – not enough scope
3:30 – 4:30 - Break
4:30 – Swapped scopes from Wolverine – zeroed Sightron 36x (5 shots)
4:53 – Completed 2nd 40 Yard Masters target – 193 9X – new personal record for 40 Masters
5:23 – Completed 3rd 40 Yard Masters target – 188 7X (perfect conditions)
5:30 – Packed up and moved everything inside

I purchased this used rifle off eBay. It appears to be close to new. Seller included 3 new FX tins of pellets!

The Power Pup is a special Dreamline with a large 80cc plenum. This one had a nice short 500mm .25 barrel.

So, now I have three 500mm barrels for my 2 Dreamlines (.177, .22 and .25). I have one Dreamline stock in bullpup format and one in classic rifle format.

I like the 500mm barrel for FX rifles – because they use a non-traditional barrel that is so thin that I worry about flex/harmonics in lengths longer than 500mm.

So, I can mix n match my Dreamline between Classic and Bullpup format and swap any caliber onto either stock!

This Power Pup shoots lights out. Trigger has lots of slop, but I like shooting bullpups (i.e. my Prophets) – this thing handles very much like my RTIs – just lighter.

On just its second card (1st card with appropriate scope) it shot a 193 Masters card at 40 yards - 1st rifle to break 190 at 40 Yard Masters!

One of the photos shows my zeroing and chronoing sequence- 15 shots total to zero, chrono, shot tiny 5-shot group, then shot 2nd 5-shot group while adjusting speed to preferred 902 fps.

-Ed

IMG_3034.jpeg

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3045.jpeg

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3040.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg