• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

2nd try using my FX Maverick .22 700mm Superior Heavy/Slug Liner, no shroud, 182.4g moderator and JSB 18.13gr unsorted rejects @908fps average. Vector Optics Continental VCT-34 5-30X56 FFP

Score: 198/200 17X
Scoring plug: .224
Distance from muzzle: 30 yards tape measured
Total time for 24 targets: 1 minute 10.66 seconds
Actual Shooting video:

IMG_5472.jpeg

3rd card using my FX Maverick .22 700mm Superior Heavy/Slug Liner, no shroud, 182.4g moderator and JSB 18.13gr unsorted rejects @908fps average. Vector Optics Continental VCT-34 5-30X56 FFP

ODD/EVEN Alternate Speed Shoot
Score: 200 16X
Total time for 24 targets: 1 minute 25+ seconds
Actual Shooting video:

IMG_5474.jpeg

Reactions: JimD and rc4fun
FX Maverick .22 700mm Superior Heavy/Slug Liner, no shroud, 182.4g moderator and JSB 18.13gr unsorted rejects @908fps average. Vector Optics Continental VCT-34 5-30X56 FFP

Standing position and pressing the trigger using a 6mm Delrin rod
Score: 199 17X
Actual Shooting video:

IMG_5477.jpeg

FX Impact MK2 .177, Silver Streak Jr. 10.1gr unsorted (made in the Philippines 🇵🇭) Athlon Midas TAC 5-25X56 scope, ACCU-TAC FC-4 G2 Arca Spec bipod and Protektor rabbit ear rear bag.

Video:
View attachment 472680
Awesome shooting Aitgunnero ! Welcome to the 30 and 40 Yard Challenge.

I wish I had your shooting setup - do you use wind flags?

What velocity were you shooting those 10.1g Silver Streaks?

-Ed

Awesome shooting Aitgunnero ! Welcome to the 30 and 40 Yard Challenge.

I wish I had your shooting setup - do you use wind flags?

What velocity were you shooting those 10.1g Silver Streaks?

-Ed
Thanks Ed ☺️

I seldom use wind flags because the wind here at my place is totally different from the places where we go to and compete.

I was shooting the Silver Streaks at 935fps average so I won’t go over the 20fpe limit for WRABF BR25 AR HV limit.

-Ricky

So it's been really hot and rainy in South Florida. I have a long hallway in my house, so when the wife is out of town I have a 20 yard indoor range :).
Decided to shoot a card just to see if my rifle for this challenge is even capable of a 200 under ideal conditions at a shorter distance. And with me at the controls. I'm pleased to say it is! So I guess I just need to buy a bigger house! AA S510XS .177 with JTS 10.4 pellets at a slowish 740 fps. Doesn't count for anything:
IMG_5589.jpg

Reactions: NAProf and EPG
So it's been really hot and rainy in South Florida. I have a long hallway in my house, so when the wife is out of town I have a 20 yard indoor range :).
Decided to shoot a card just to see if my rifle for this challenge is even capable of a 200 under ideal conditions at a shorter distance. And with me at the controls. I'm pleased to say it is! So I guess I just need to buy a bigger house! AA S510XS .177 with JTS 10.4 pellets at a slowish 740 fps. Doesn't count for anything:
View attachment 472841

Ah, an indoor airgun range… I’d strongly suggest an addition that makes that hallway 40 yards…. but then there is the problem of keeping your wife out of town while you host “Official AGN Challenge Matches”, lol.

I’d love to try an indoor range someday. Even if just the first 10 yards was enclosed as many of the top shooters believe its the 1stbwind flag that is most critical.

Great to see that you are having a lot of fun with that AA.

Reactions: RCope
My first ever 30-yard challenge.

Target after shooting:
View attachment 472780

And after scoring (as good as I could, don't have .22 pellets nor scoring plug):

View attachment 472782

View attachment 472783
Welcome to the 30 and 40 Challenge Loff.

Scoring your card by eye, with a scoring plug it could be 181 7X.

Keep shooting our little target and your score will improve rapidly. Get your Dreamline up on the leaderboard too - I love shooting mine.

-Ed

Reactions: Loff
Good nite,anybody want to trade out something for a tact cam,?

Just cause you don't shoot enough to do it,doesn't mean somebody else doesn't. I out shoot rim fire rifles everytime we go to the wheat field,you can not compare my air rifles to a rim fire. Well,I'll take that back,22lr. The magnums are better,and more accurate than air rifle,but not 22lr. I've nothing else to say,beerthief,you stick to stealing beer,I'll keep getting better with my guns. If I say I shot something,you can believe it. Bye
I did not say you didnt shoot it i just clarified what i see as a one hole group. and that is how i score my targets .

Reactions: tommyb
Due to the heat, wind conditions and a sore leg issue I only managed to shoot one card during the past week which I am submitting it for the 30yd Challenge.

I shot this card with my Chip Smith Sumo with 18.1 gr. JSB's (2010 vintage) with variable wind conditions ranging from 3-6 mph switching between 8-2 o'clock.

Scan2024-06-20_193446.jpg

Due to the heat, wind conditions and a sore leg issue I only managed to shoot one card during the past week which I am submitting it for the 30yd Challenge.

I shot this card with my Chip Smith Sumo with 18.1 gr. JSB's (2010 vintage) with variable wind conditions ranging from 3-6 mph switching between 8-2 o'clock.

View attachment 474722

Marvin - I haven’t seen any 175, 185 cards. Where are you hiding those? 😉

Would we love to have your marksmanship skills!

Send us a pic of the gun, never heard of it.

View attachment 474722
I sure would like to have one of those targets.