• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Shot this yesterday at the end of the day, any shot I was unsure of, I stuck a pellet in the hole as a gauge. What size is an official .22 scoring plug? Forgive me if the answer is .22 … These targets printed slightly undersized, so the 1/2” scale measures 7/16”View attachment 476685

Scotty - looks like a solid 198 to me.

Go back one or two pages and Ed posts the link to get the.177/ .22 cal scoring plug - cheap.

Very good card!

Tom

Reactions: Scotty1
Shot this yesterday at the end of the day, any shot I was unsure of, I stuck a pellet in the hole as a gauge. What size is an official .22 scoring plug? Forgive me if the answer is .22 … These targets printed slightly undersized, so the 1/2” scale measures 7/16”View attachment 476685
nice shooting , i only have a .177 plug so ? i think a pellet will work .

Reactions: Scotty1
When I print the pdfs on my Brother laser printer they come out a little small. So I then enlarge the to 103% and the scale then matches my ruler. At that point I mark them as 100% and copy them for future use.
Thanks Jim, I’ll try that next batch. Laser printer huh … think I’ll watch for a bargain.

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I last shot a 30-Yard Challenge because I have installed a wood fence behind my 25-yard target frame. I have to set up in my shop and shoot out the door at my portable target frame to shoot the 30-yard and beyond. Shot several 25-yard and with no wind so I decided to try the 30-yard and this was my second effort.

Range: Outdoor 30-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.197.jpg

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I last shot a 30-Yard Challenge because I have installed a wood fence behind my 25-yard target frame. I have to set up in my shop and shoot out the door at my portable target frame to shoot the 30-yard and beyond. Shot several 25-yard and with no wind so I decided to try the 30-yard and this was my second effort.

Range: Outdoor 30-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT
View attachment 476881
Awesome card! How light is the trigger on your Sniper XR? I've been thinking about lightening mine up if I can.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Awesome card! How light is the trigger on your Sniper XR? I've been thinking about lightening mine up if I can.
Hello @Demphna2

Believe it or not I have it set to be fairly stiff ( to what most folks think ) at 1-1/2 pounds. I like to "feel" the trigger as I ease to pull to fire. I shoot from a Rifle Rest which is rock solid so I do not have to worry about any movement prior to fire. This is my Rifle Rest and my Bench.

ThomasT
TPRR-131.jpg

Hello @Demphna2

Believe it or not I have it set to be fairly stiff ( to what most folks think ) at 1-1/2 pounds. I like to "feel" the trigger as I ease to pull to fire. I shoot from a Rifle Rest which is rock solid so I do not have to worry about any movement prior to fire. This is my Rifle Rest and my Bench.

ThomasT
View attachment 476889
I think I'd be alright with that pull weight. Did you adjust it to 1.5lbs or did it come that way from the factory? Very sweet setup

• Love
I think I'd be alright with that pull weight. Did you adjust it to 1.5lbs or did it come that way from the factory? Very sweet setup
Hello again @Demphna2

It came from the factory with a 3-pound pull but it was so smooth and predictable that I left it like that for several weeks. I then began to adjust it down a little bit at a time and when I got to 1-1/2 pounds, I left it there. It really doesn't feel that heavy.

ThomasT

Damn… awesome card ThomasT, welcome back.

I’ll submit this more modest score for our leaderboards:

40-Masters: 196 12X
Rifle: FX PowerPup .22 (500mm)
Pellet: JSB 20.83g (MRD Lights)
Velocity: 888-895fps
Scope: Sightron SII 36x

500mm barrel is from my Dreamline Classic.

PowerPup really likes these new MRD Light pellets from JSB. My 3 cards with these pellets and the PowerPup are 191, 193 and this 196 - all 40-Masters cards.

I’m going to do leaderboard updates soon, so you guys submitting those great scores lately need to send me ALL the data: Rifle, Pellet, Velocity and Scope info!

Keep getting that lead downrange - you guys are submitting amazing cards lately!!

Me… I’ve been trying to find the perfect tune for my Daystate Regal .22. Spent way too many hours trying it regulated, unregulated and velocities ranging from 720fps to 890fps. It shoots damn well at most any velocity. I’d love to get 50+ regulated shots with 15.89g and stay above 800fps…

-Ed

IMG_4927.jpeg

Hello again @Demphna2

It came from the factory with a 3-pound pull but it was so smooth and predictable that I left it like that for several weeks. I then began to adjust it down a little bit at a time and when I got to 1-1/2 pounds, I left it there. It really doesn't feel that heavy.

ThomasT

Lol ThomasT - not that heavy. True story… I bought a almost new Daystate Wolverine from an AGN member. It arrived with a 2 pound trigger pull weight.

As you know, I like my triggers light - 6 ounces or less.

Well, I couldn’t get the Wolverine to shoot. I was ready to start disassembling it - but it was loaded and cocked (can’t decock a Wolverine R). Finally, I pulled the trigger really hard - it fired. I simply wasn’t pulling the trigger hard enough, lol - it had been so long since I faced a 2 pound trigger !

• Haha
Damn… awesome card ThomasT, welcome back.

I’ll submit this more modest score for our leaderboards:

40-Masters: 196 12X
Rifle: FX PowerPup .22 (500mm)
Pellet: JSB 20.83g (MRD Lights)
Velocity: 888-895fps
Scope: Sightron SII 36x

500mm barrel is from my Dreamline Classic.

PowerPup really likes these new MRD Light pellets from JSB. My 3 cards with these pellets and the PowerPup are 191, 193 and this 196 - all 40-Masters cards.

I’m going to do leaderboard updates soon, so you guys submitting those great scores lately need to send me ALL the data: Rifle, Pellet, Velocity and Scope info!

Keep getting that lead downrange - you guys are submitting amazing cards lately!!

Me… I’ve been trying to find the perfect tune for my Daystate Regal .22. Spent way too many hours trying it regulated, unregulated and velocities ranging from 720fps to 890fps. It shoots damn well at most any velocity. I’d love to get 50+ regulated shots with 15.89g and stay above 800fps…

-Ed

View attachment 476928
Hello @EPG

You say modest, but that is 40-yards and that is a whole bunch harder to shoot. Very well shot Ed (y)

ThomasT

Lol ThomasT - not that heavy. True story… I bought a almost new Daystate Wolverine from an AGN member. It arrived with a 2 pound trigger pull weight.

As you know, I like my triggers light - 6 ounces or less.

Well, I couldn’t get the Wolverine to shoot. I was ready to start disassembling it - but it was loaded and cocked (can’t decock a Wolverine R). Finally, I pulled the trigger really hard - it fired. I simply wasn’t pulling the trigger hard enough, lol - it had been so long since I faced a 2 pound trigger !
Hello again @EPG

😁 😁 😁 😁 You might have a bit of trouble shooting my guns :p:p:p

ThomasT

To finish my day (B-day actually) I shot one 30-yard challenge (second overall 30-y challenge) with my newest PCP in my arsenal - AGT Vulcan 3 in .177, 500mm barrel. It is used and bought from fellow AGN forum member.

30-yard challenge: 198 12X, scored with .22 scoring plug.
Rifle: AGT Vulcan 3 .177cal (500mm)
Pellet: JSB Exact Beast 16.20gr
Velocity: 828-830fps
Scope: Vector Optics Veyron 6-24x44 FFP, shot in 24x magn.

IMG_8821.JPEG

IMG_8816.JPEG

IMG_8817.JPEG

IMG_8818.JPEG

To finish my day (B-day actually) I shot one 30-yard challenge (second overall 30-y challenge) with my newest PCP in my arsenal - AGT Vulcan 3 in .177, 500mm barrel. It is used and bought from fellow AGN forum member.

30-yard challenge: 198 12X, scored with .22 scoring plug.
Rifle: AGT Vulcan 3 .177cal (500mm)
Pellet: JSB Exact Beast 16.20gr
Velocity: 828-830fps
Scope: Vector Optics Veyron 6-24x44 FFP, shot in 24x magn.

View attachment 477010

View attachment 477011
View attachment 477012
View attachment 477013
great shooting for the 2nd card . , nice looking gun too !

Reactions: Loff
Ok, it was the best wind day in a long time, so I brought out my best 30/40 Challenge rifle - FX Crown - and let em fly…

I cannot believe how well this thing shot!

Cards were:
40-Masters: 197 12X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 197 13X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 194 10X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 194 11X (20.83g MRDLs)

Back-to-back 197 40-Masters… may not do that again for a long time! I’ll submit the 197 13X for the leaderboard.

The new 20.83g pellets are similar shape to the awesome 18.13s. To try them in the Crown, all I did was guess 5 clicks up on Power wheel. It was a good guess - gave me 885fps. I didn’t even adjust scope.

Both my 20.83g sighters were Xs (white dot on left) and then shot 194 40-Masters with the next 20 shots. Had a couple drop low - not sure if I need to wait longer between shots with this heavier pellet for plenum refresh - or if these pellets are not as consistent weight as the 18.23s. Velocity of each shot next to target.

Damn- that’s about the best 40-Masters day I’ve had to date ! Skinny straw barrels and poop triggers, but my FX rifles are accurate as heck.

-Ed

IMG_4936.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

IMG_4932.jpeg

IMG_4931.jpeg

IMG_4935.jpeg

Ok, it was the best wind day in a long time, so I brought out my best 30/40 Challenge rifle - FX Crown - and let em fly…

I cannot believe how well this thing shot!

Cards were:
40-Masters: 197 12X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 197 13X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 194 10X (18.13g)
40-Masters: 194 11X (20.83g MRDLs)

Back-to-back 197 40-Masters… may not do that again for a long time! I’ll submit the 197 13X for the leaderboard.

The new 20.83g pellets are similar shape to the awesome 18.13s. To try them in the Crown, all I did was guess 5 clicks up on Power wheel. It was a good guess - gave me 885fps. I didn’t even adjust scope.

Both my 20.83g sighters were Xs (white dot on left) and then shot 194 40-Masters with the next 20 shots. Had a couple drop low - not sure if I need to wait longer between shots with this heavier pellet for plenum refresh - or if these pellets are not as consistent weight as the 18.23s. Velocity of each shot next to target.

Damn- that’s about the best 40-Masters day I’ve had to date ! Skinny straw barrels and poop triggers, but my FX rifles are accurate as heck.

-Ed

View attachment 477048

View attachment 477049

View attachment 477050

View attachment 477051

View attachment 477052
Love those Crowns!!!!

Hello again @Demphna2

ThomasT
You inspired me to adjust the trigger on mine and maaaaan, it's nice after adjusting it. My crosshairs used to pull slowly down as I squeezed the trigger and I think that contributes to misplaced shots. Thank you for the inspiration, it is phenomenal now.

• Love