30-Yard Challenge

Leaderboard Submission:
40-Masters: 198 15X
Rifle: FX Dreamline Power Pup .22
Barrel: 600mm super light
Pellet: FX 18.13g
Velocity: 915fps
Scope: Sightron SII 36x (fixed power)

Conditions were very mild breeze and high humidity at 87F. 2 second video attached shows very mild wind conditions on my home made flags.

This is the 1st card shot with 18.13g from this barrel I recently bought off AGN classifieds. Shot a 197 40-Challenge in the wind with this new-to-me barrel the other day - using 20.83g MRDLs.

I started to think about score after the 1st 3 rows - as I shoot left to right and top-to-bottom.

I had a 198 17X 40-Masters with .22 FX Crown last year.

When you shoot a card like this at 40, you go “Holy Smokes!”. I followed up this card with a 190 11X 40-Masters with the Power Pup 600mm 18.13g combo. I think the 2nd card was getting too close to reg pressure, as vertical started to get less consistent.

I have the trigger breaking at 3.5 ounces (yes, it’s a miracle setup on an FX trigger) and it has 2 stages - I kid you not for those that have taken apart and worked on FX triggers.

In any case, thank you Tom for selling me this barrel, lol - it’s a shooter!

-Ed

IMG_4977.jpeg

IMG_4979.jpeg

Nic
Leaderboard Submission:
40-Masters: 198 15X
Rifle: FX Dreamline Power Pup .22
Barrel: 600mm super light
Pellet: FX 18.13g
Velocity: 915fps
Scope: Sightron SII 36x (fixed power)

Conditions were very mild breeze and high humidity at 87F. 2 second video attached shows very mild wind conditions on my home made flags.

This is the 1st card shot with 18.13g from this barrel I recently bought off AGN classifieds. Shot a 197 40-Challenge in the wind with this new-to-me barrel the other day - using 20.83g MRDLs.

I started to think about score after the 1st 3 rows - as I shoot left to right and top-to-bottom.

I had a 198 17X 40-Masters with .22 FX Crown last year.

When you shoot a card like this at 40, you go “Holy Smokes!”. I followed up this card with a 190 11X 40-Masters with the Power Pup 600mm 18.13g combo. I think the 2nd card was getting too close to reg pressure, as vertical started to get less consistent.

I have the trigger breaking at 3.5 ounces (yes, it’s a miracle setup on an FX trigger) and it has 2 stages - I kid you not for those that have taken apart and worked on FX triggers.

In any case, thank you Tom for selling me this barrel, lol - it’s a shooter!

-Ed

View attachment 478219

View attachment 478221
Nice shooting @EPG 👍

Here’s my entry for the 30 yard Masters Leaderboard

Rifle: Daystate Red Wolf “Mutant” .177
Barrel: Lothar Walther Polygonal Choked .177
Pellets: QYS 9.56gr unsorted
Velocity: 850fps
Scope: Vector Optics 10-40X50 SFP Sentinel X

Video:

*Please disregard extra hit on target #3 because I placed an 8.44gr pellet instead of QYS 9.56gr*

Shooting video to follow when my internet speed stabilizes.

IMG_5620.jpeg

IMG_5622.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

Last edited:
Nic

Nice shooting @EPG 👍

Here’s my entry for the 30 yard Masters Leaderboard

Rifle: Daystate Red Wolf “Mutant” .177
Barrel: Lothar Walther Polygonal Choked .177
Pellets: QYS 9.56gr unsorted
Velocity: 850fps
Scope: Vector Optics 10-40X50 SFP Sentinel X

*Please disregard extra hit on target #3 because I placed an 8.44gr pellet instead of QYS 9.56gr*

Shooting video to follow when my internet speed stabilizes.

View attachment 478285

View attachment 478286

View attachment 478287

Great card Rick!

Interesting Redwolf custom. Benchrest type stock and it looks like a regulator added behind the bottle? Or does it still use the Daystate electronics to regulate velocity?

Is the barrel still the original Daystate barrel or a custom LW poly?

Do you prefer the QYS pellets over the JSB? We don’t see QYS much in the USA.

Yeah, we’ll overlook the 8.44 shot if you say so - I don’t think you could miss by that much and shoot that awesome card unless you loaded a pellet backwards, lol.

-Ed

Reactions: TheAirgunnero
My P35s are light and jump sometimes when I shoot, especially the 22 tuned to low 30s fpe. I am not sure yet if I like this but I've taken half pound and 1 lb lead bars, wrapped them in packing tape, and added a few inches of packing tape between two weights. I drape that over the shroud of the gun. It doesn't seem to affect POI and makes the gun more stable. Might be something simple to try if you happen to have a few lead bars. While the lead makes the gun more stable it doesn't seem to improve my ability to shoot 10s and Xs. So I am still on the fence about it.

Great card Rick!

Interesting Redwolf custom. Benchrest type stock and it looks like a regulator added behind the bottle? Or does it still use the Daystate electronics to regulate velocity?

Is the barrel still the original Daystate barrel or a custom LW poly?

Do you prefer the QYS pellets over the JSB? We don’t see QYS much in the USA.

Yeah, we’ll overlook the 8.44 shot if you say so - I don’t think you could miss by that much and shoot that awesome card unless you loaded a pellet backwards, lol.

-Ed
Thanks Ed.

I had a BR stock made for my RW because I’m planning to use is as a dedicated WRABF BR25 LV/HV rifle.

I placed a bottle regulator to make it easier fortuning the different settings on the Helliboard and make the rifle more consistent than the original GCU.

My DSRW HP was originally in .22 cal and I just converted it to .177 by purchasing a LW slow twist polygonal choked blank 16mm OD, machined it to fit the receiver as well as the o-ring grooves and transfer port.

I ran out of JSB 10.34 so I just used my QYS 9.56gr Streamlined (6 tins left). The JSB 8.44’s I have are all damaged due to shipping and I cannot use them for br25 meter competitions due to mangled skirts.

I still haven’t found the perfect setting so that will just be temporary.

-Ricky

This could’ve been a nice card on video but I had a blooper on target #3. I was using foam pads on my machine rest and my rifle shoots upwards because of the recoil. I might need to machine an air stripper for this setup.

Rifle: Philippine 🇵🇭 made WS Airguntech “swing type” receiver and benchrest stock
Barrel: Brand new Lothar Walther 1:36 6 groove polygonal choked (stock crown) *got it yesterday*
Pellets: JSB 13.43gr straight from the tin unsorted
Velocity: 790fps
Scope: Vector Optics Sentinel X 10-40X50 SFP

Video:

IMG_5628.jpeg

DSCN7475.jpeg

DSCN7476.jpeg

This could’ve been a nice card on video but I had a blooper on target #3. I was using foam pads on my machine rest and my rifle shoots upwards because of the recoil. I might need to machine an air stripper for this setup.

Rifle: Philippine 🇵🇭 made WS Airguntech “swing type” receiver and benchrest stock
Barrel: Brand new Lothar Walther 1:36 6 groove polygonal choked (stock crown) *got it yesterday*
Velocity: 790fps
Scope: Vector Optics Sentinel X 10-40X50 SFP

Video:

View attachment 478518

View attachment 478519

View attachment 478520

“Could’ve been?!…”

I don’t believe I’ve ever had 18Xs - that slow twist barrel is looking like a winner!!

Are you caliber or power restricted in the Philippines - or do you just tune to the various rules that you compete under?

Nice shooting Ricky!

“Could’ve been?!…”

I don’t believe I’ve ever had 18Xs - that slow twist barrel is looking like a winner!!

Are you caliber or power restricted in the Philippines - or do you just tune to the various rules that you compete under?

Nice shooting Ricky!

Yes, very good shooting. I saw you had a left to right wind for most of the bulls. Nice rifle. Tell us more about it.

“Could’ve been?!…”

Nice shooting Ricky!
Thanks Ed. We don’t have power and caliber restrictions when hunting. It is only during competitionse that have restrictions which are .177 sub 20fpe for WRABF BR25 meters, .177-.22 19gr pellets (max) for WRABF BR50 meters, BR100, BRMS125 meters, etc.

Yes, very good shooting. I saw you had a left to right wind for most of the bulls. Nice rifle. Tell us more about it.
Thanks Tom. My Rifle is a cheap alternative compared to my FXs, Daystate RW and BRK Sniper HP. I just had the reciever made as well as the BR stock. All the other parts are from my extra stuff I had laying around for years. It will be my go to rifle for WRABF BR25 LV and HV.

Reactions: tommyb
Had a chance to do some night shooting on our range tonight, I shot the 30-yard challenge target. The wind laid back and was almost nothing, but I think I had some thermal up drafts because the wind flag under my target was swinging back and forth like a pendulum, it made shooting quite interesting. I was shooting a RAW bench rest .177 cal with a Sightron 45 x ED scope JSB 10.34 pellets at 715 fps it is a 11.44-foot pound gun. I use a Bestsight scope cam hooked up to a 22" monitor makes it easier on the old eyes;) I plugged the targets with a .177 cal shank plug with a .223 rim, looking thru a 30-x magnifying glass I know that target 12 looks way out but the plug did cut into the 10 ring.
night shoot.jpg
200 12 x.jpg

Reactions: oaks1450 and EPG
First documented 200 17X 30 Yard Master Class Challenge on video

Rifle: WS Airguntech made in the Philippines 🇵🇭
Barrel: Lothar Walther 1:36 Polygonal Choked Chromoly
Scope: Vector Optics Sentinel X 10-40X50 SFP COM-25M
Front rest: Protektor Model Deluxe BB rear bag
Rear Rest: Protektor Rabbit Ear rear bag
Scoring plug: Magnified E-Z .22 cal with .223 flange
Distance: 30 yards from the tip of the barrel

Actual footage:

IMG_5638.jpeg

DSCN7491.jpeg

DSCN7489.jpeg

DSCN7492.jpeg

DSCN7490.jpeg

Reactions: beerthief and Loff
Where did you get the rifle, it looks like a USFT MAC 1 and a RAW had a baby??:)
Nice shooting
Tim McMurray incorporated the swing type and hammer design that has been existing in my country since the 90's. You can ask Todd Banks because he is more familiar and also goes here to compete.

Reactions: dgeesaman
My first 40 yard Masters using my WS Airguntech .177 and a plain Protektor rear bag as front rest. Rifle is still in the tuning process and finding the best hold. 196 12X will do for now.

Video:

View attachment 478709
Ha Ha - 196-12x "would do" for all of us at 40 y Masters.

That barrel just looks amazingly accurate from the picture.

Incredible shooting skill.

Tim McMurray incorporated the swing type and hammer design that has been existing in my country since the 90's. You can ask Todd Banks because he is more familiar and also goes here to compete.

Hi Ricky,

Do you have a short video of how you actually cock, load and shoot the rifle?

It looks like you cock it via your thumb - on what looks like a hammer from a revolver pistol.

Do you feel there any advantages to this design - accuracy-wise?

I haven’t seen anything like it before on a PCP in the USA.

First documented 200 17X 30 Yard Master Class Challenge on video

Rifle: WS Airguntech made in the Philippines 🇵🇭
Barrel: Lothar Walther 1:36 Polygonal Choked Chromoly
Scope: Vector Optics Sentinel X 10-40X50 SFP COM-25M
Front rest: Protektor Model Deluxe BB rear bag
Rear Rest: Protektor Rabbit Ear rear bag
Scoring plug: Magnified E-Z .22 cal with .223 flange
Distance: 30 yards from the tip of the barrel

Actual footage:

View attachment 478733

View attachment 478734

View attachment 478735

View attachment 478737

View attachment 478738
good shooting . beautiful wood stock too.

Hi Ricky,

Do you have a short video of how you actually cock, load and shoot the rifle?

It looks like you cock it via your thumb - on what looks like a hammer from a revolver pistol.

Do you feel there any advantages to this design - accuracy-wise?

I haven’t seen anything like it before on a PCP in the USA.
Hi Ed, here’s the video you requested.

The design is so simple and its only disadvantage compared to side levers/bolt action is loading speed.

-Ricky

Reactions: Loff