30-Yard Challenge

Hi Ed, here’s the video you requested.

The design is so simple and its only disadvantage compared to side levers/bolt action is loading speed.

-Ricky

Ricky,

That is an awesome design. Perfect for me as I have 15 PCPs with dozens of magazines… which I almost never use as I single shot load with my thumb into the barrel.

I’d imagine that the cocking is reasonable with a .177 hammer spring, but could get uncomfortable with a stiff hammer spring for larger calibers.

Thanks for making the video and showing us something new (to us).

-Ed

Ricky,

That is an awesome design. Perfect for me as I have 15 PCPs with dozens of magazines… which I almost never use as I single shot load with my thumb into the barrel.

I’d imagine that the cocking is reasonable with a .177 hammer spring, but could get uncomfortable with a stiff hammer spring for larger calibers.

-Ed
Exactly like my Mac 1 , just a square shape .

Reactions: TheAirgunnero
Ricky,

-Ed
You’re very welcome Ed.

The hammer spring is good for .177 - .25 since the hammer is quite heavy (mass) and I had to reduce its weight by drilling a hole. I have a new one incoming from a different PCP maker (GCMAG) and this one has external hammer spring as well as transfer port adjustments.

It will look similar to the picture but mine will come with a 700cc bottle and a different BR stock…

IMG_5610.jpeg

These are no higher than my previous best with this rifle so not for the leaderboard, just an update. Both targets were with my Caiman X with it's Arken EPL-4 6-24 set at 24X shooting H&N Baracuda 18 pellets straight from the tin through the magazine. The 196 was this morning in a little bit of wind. I was pretty happy with that result in the wind. It always throws me off. About the time the Trump injury reports were coming in this evening i noticed the wind was really calm so I shot the Caiman again. The result is the 198. I had adjusted the scope a few clicks this morning and I might have had a really nice score if I had just returned the scope to it's "0" settings which is where I ended up. On block 5. I only shot one 9 after getting the scope adjusted. The rest were 10s. Still pretty happy with the target. I've certainly done worse. I think it may be my third 198. At least 4 197s and one 199. Gun will shoot if I can just reduce my mistakes....

7-13-24 targets.jpg

Ed, please replace my current 40yd Master Class entry with the attached one.

Wind/breeze conditions were the best I have had the opportunity to take advantage of for quite some time. My first card (40yd Challenge) resulted in a 198-15x with a couple of unexplained fliers so, I dug into my stash and came up with the tin of eight year old pellets to shoot the second card.

Scan2024-07-13_203045.jpg

Wind/breeze conditions were the best I have had the opportunity to take advantage of for quite some time. My first card (40yd Challenge) resulted in a 198-15x with a couple of unexplained fliers so, I dug into my stash and came up with the tin of eight year old pellets to shoot the second card.

View attachment 479710

Marvin, Congratulations ! That’s the 2nd 200 40-Yard card ever submitted and the 1st 40-Masters ever submitted.

Outstanding shooting. Gotta love those perfect wind days !!

-Ed

Not what I'd call a clean 19X, some of these were too close for comfort. But exciting nonetheless :D . That's about the closest 10 I've ever seen. Submitting for Masters leaderboard.

Congratulations on another outstanding card Demphana2 !!

That is an amazing barrel that you have on your Brocock - as it maintains incredible accuracy with such a range of pellets !

Fantastic shooting!!

-Ed

Reactions: Demphna2

View attachment 479710
Mighty fine shooting there! Have you by chance tried the 16 gr JSBs?

Went to the range this morning. 90 degrees while I was there, and very humid. Wind was light, so a good day to shoot. Had the RAW TM1000X .177 with me today. I shot several 40Y Challenge cards and a couple 30Y cards.

40Y Challenge Cards:

188-9X
192-9X
196-14X

30Y Challenge Cards

198-13X
198-13X

I was trying hard to break 190 at 40Y and almost gave in after shooting the 192 card. Wind laid down a bit, so decided to try one more. Finally, shot a decent card and will submit the 196-14X 40Y card for the leaderboard.

Moved back to 30Y and now I was thirsty for hopefully a '200.' No luck, but will submit either 198-13X for the next leaderboard.

I had my favorite wind condition for the 40Y 196 card; a slight tail wind with both flags going 180 degrees down range. I held between 7 and 8 o'clock on the eight ring and nine ring consistently for most of the good scores.

I was almost ready to give up the 40Y challenge distance, as I have been struggling all year.

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Last edited:
30 Yard Master Class Speed Shoot Challenge
Score: 199 16X
Time: 1 minute 6.06 seconds

Rifle: FX Maverick Sniper .22
Pellet: JSB 18.13gr unsorted
Magazines: 2
Scope: Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 FFP
Bipod: ACCU-TAC FC-4 G2 ARCA SPEC
Rear bag: None
Moderator: 182.4g (2011 BSA)
Shroud, CF sleeve, Barrel tensioner, Harmonic tuner: None
Cameras: Nikon P1000 and Canon EOS 77D

Procedure: Press start button of timer, open side lever/bolt, insert magazine, close side lever/bolt and shoot all 20 targets using 2 magazines and then press stop button of timer. Rear bag or no rear bag allowed. Video must be uncut from start to finish and must contain a PIP video of the timer and actual tape measured distance from muzzle/barrel tip up to the target/scorecard.

Video:

IMG_7167.jpeg

40 Yard Master Class Speed Shoot Challenge
Score: 197 9X
Time: 1 minute 20.24 seconds

Rifle: FX Maverick Sniper .22
Pellet: JSB 18.13gr unsorted
Magazines: 2
Scope: Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 FFP
Bipod: ACCU-TAC FC-4 G2 ARCA SPEC
Rear bag: Protektor rabbit ear
Moderator: 182.4g (2011 BSA)
Shroud, CF sleeve, Barrel tensioner, Harmonic tuner: None
Cameras: Nikon P1000

*Battery on EOS 77D drained

Video:

DSCN7537.jpeg
IMG_5666.jpeg

Last edited:
40 Yard Master Class Speed Shoot Challenge

View attachment 480434
So to score a ten, it has to touch the black ten ring outside of the grey, not the grey fill itself?

Reading the rules post early on I thought tens had to plug to the grey fill area.

It makes sense to score all zones to the outer black ring but the wording about grey area, well, I guess it was a metaphorical grey area.

So to score a ten, it has to touch the black ten ring outside of the grey, not the grey fill itself?

Reading the rules post early on I thought tens had to plug to the grey fill area.

It makes sense to score all zones to the outer black ring but the wording about grey area, well, I guess it was a metaphorical grey area.
We follow WRABF/ERABSF/USARB rules and the corresponding score inside the outer ring is counted as long as the scoring plug flange touches the edge of the outer ring. Same scoring system is also applied at EBR, RMAC, NAC, PAC and N50.
IMG_5668.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Loff and EPG

yes the rules say it has to touch , not split the line .
I do not agree ,I think the line should be at least fully split , but again that's just me . it is how i score for personal home range use /practice targets.

We follow WRABF/ERABSF/USARB rules and the corresponding score inside the outer ring is counted as long as the scoring plug flange touches the edge of the outer ring. Same scoring system is also applied at EBR, RMAC, NAC and N50.
That’s all good and happy but post number one says “To score a 10, you just need to touch the gray ring surrounding the black dot.”

Since the center of the target is a black dot surrounded by a thick grey ring, (which is surrounded by a black ring) I read that literally and ignored the black ring. I was scored a ten only when the plug touched grey (i.e. fully broke the black ring that surrounds the grey).

I will score it as such going forward and maybe pick up a point here and there. Is it possible for someone to update the wording in the first post?