$300 Compressor

Lol.. what good is it then if your scared to use it ? If new unopened or proven new unused just offer it up in the want ads here then get the tried and proven gx ..

I did post on a 90$ compressor at Amazon . Maybe that one will help force lower pricing .. with the 7% off thing that's getting down in hand pump territory..lol

There are pages of Amazon and PayPal PCP compressors for <$400. Has anybody had success with the cheaper compressors as far as durability and ease of maintenance/rebuild? I have a ToAuto, new in the box, that I don't dare use for fear it won't work! "AirAuto" has been so maligned that I never see his posts anymore!
I would say get a CS4

I got a vevor YH type for $105 on sale. The thing is completely annoying to use because of the racket it makes and the need to deal with a bucket and an external pump and all of that. Works well enough though.

I ended up getting a GX pump just because I got tired of having to put on hearing protection and go into the basement or garage every time I needed to fill something

I think my YH is noisy too but my phone app says it is only about 80 db. I still leave the room for 5 minutes at a time, until the next venting is needed. I am fortunate to have a room with space where I can leave it all set up and ready to go. If I had to put it away and then take it out again for a run, I would probably get a little one. I like the parts availability of the GX series (Target Forge has parts). But I am sure I would miss the relatively quick filling time from the YH.

Reactions: Stubbers
When buying a compressor...

Look for the highest PSI it will achieve, eg 4600
Cooling stage
Sump and drain
Drying stage

Air contains alot of moisture, so when you compress it, the result is heat and water, so unless you got a cooling stage to help remove the water to a sump drain before passing through a drying tube, you will be ruining your rifle if none of these features exist.

I would wager across the board of rifles, the regulators and pressure guages fail because of this one factor, water in the system from poor quality PCP pumps.

+1 to the Yong Heng, it's noisy but not deafening, and I have sensitive hearing (Hyperacusis).

I don't hang out with the YH while its filling though, only go in to vent the water trap half way through my fill, similar to Jim. I also have a dedicated spot in the garage for it and the water bucket. which is out of my way and not an inconvenience, for those that lack space, I would lean towards the gx cs4.

When my YH kicks the bucket, I would consider the gx cs4, but not until users report exceeding 40 hours of run time on it consistently, until then the YH type of compressor is tried and true, with cheap parts if one opts to rebuild. Construction is simple enough that most guys could make sense of disassembly and re-assembly, and the compressor itself is relatively inexpensive, I paid $200 for mine, sadly the price has gone up a hair on them since then.

-Matt

You don't say anything about filling tanks. Assuming you are just filling a rifle I would get a GX CS2. It’s well within you $300 budget and has good reviews and parts are available thru Target Forge.

you get an additional 10% off the price and free shipping.

CS2 should be perfect for filling a Notos. I have been using my GX E-L2 to fill my RAW Micro Hunter. It’s the same pump as the CS2 but uses Makita 18v batteries. The Micro Hunter has a 210cc bottle that fills to 3000psi. It takes me 2 minutes 15 seconds to fill from 100 to a little over 200bar (3000psi). The Notos fills to 3650psi but only has a 66cc air cylinder. It should fill pretty quick. My pump hardly gets warm filling the Micro Hunter.

Reactions: Nighthawk320
Thanks for that link. Good price. I hope it’s the real deal and not a copy.
If you already ordered then Good luck. If not then don’t order from Ali. I recently rolled the dice and placed the same order thru Ali. They say it ships from the USA and you will have it in a week or a little more. I never got mine. The day they said it was to arrive it did not and they automatically refunded my pal pay account ( didn't have to ask, they just did it). Order from the GX Official site. Also the Ali site charged sales tax (GX Official did not). After sales tax the GX Official was only $65 more. I rolled with it anyway and wasted two weeks for a pump to never arrive from Ali and then have to wait another week for it to arrive from GX Official.

here is a post I did on what I experienced above. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/deal-on-a-cx4i.1317720/