$300 Compressor

There are pages of Amazon and PayPal PCP compressors for <$400. Has anybody had success with the cheaper compressors as far as durability and ease of maintenance/rebuild? I have a ToAuto, new in the box, that I don't dare use for fear it won't work! "AirAuto" has been so maligned that I never see his posts anymore!
There is a Member Here @AirShootist He did a Video on the ToAuto compressor on Utube. Look him up! He gave it good reviews.

The problem from ordering from Amazon or WalMart and adding the warranty is cost. For starts it cost more than ordering from the GX Official site. Then you have to pay tax. Then you have to buy the warranty. Before you know it you are paying half the price more of a new pump than from the GX Official site. Since they are cheap pumps to begin with I kind of think I would roll the dice. Worse case scenario is it breaks right away, GX won’t warrant the pump, I buy another and have a bunch of spare parts. In this case since I didn’t pay more for the pump thru Amazon, taxes, & warranty then that money would be a big down payment on the replacement. Obviously if I had a crystal ball and knew I was going to get a lemon i would go the Amazon route. I just feel like the chances of getting a lemon are much smaller than a decent pump.

Thanks for the info on the Ali express site. Glad I didn’t waste my time. I would just order it directly from GX then. I mean the warranty might be nice but the good thing with gx is that the parts can be found and they aren’t hard to work on. I think the whole piston assembly (assembled with orings and all) can be had for like 50 dollars plus shipping. Easy job and will give you a like new compressor without having to go through the whole warranty and replacement scenario.

There is a Member Here @AirShootist He did a Video on the ToAuto compressor on Utube. Look him up! He gave it good reviews.
Yes, he is the guy I was talking about being maligned on this forum. I called him "airauto" He did a good job and I have it filed. Don't know if he is still running the ToAuto. Wish he would post more.

Yes, he is the guy I was talking about being maligned on this forum. I called him "airauto" He did a good job and I have it filed. Don't know if he is still running the ToAuto. Wish he would post more.
Last I saw He had tests on 3 or 4? He even did a test on the Little "Vevor" that I have, and it's still working fine for me. Good luck!

I picked up an 1800 watt 4500 PSI from Temu, no Mfg. name on it at all, claims ability to fill tanks. So far it fills up my Beeman pistol very quickly. Water cooled I feed it high quality dry air at 8 PSI or so from my instrument air system. We shall see how it does with a 30 min SCBA tank, I'm confident it will do the job, I will ice down the cooling water and keep an eye on the temp. No greater than 60c temperature ?? The manual is silent on that.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
WIll do Chief. My double ended 8mm to fill the tank is on the slow boat, looks like that will be a week or two to arrive. In the meantime I can direct fill the new Blitz, as it's 8mm to Hatsan probe showed up today, I'll find a cap for it and leave it in the gun. Getting 20-30 shots out of the Beeman 2028 since I cranked it down to 700 FPS, I look forward to getting it "on the bottle" so to speak. The Hatsan as well, I've laid in a healthy supply of pellets, need to try some .22 slugs soon.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers