3D printing service

Not sure if anybody who is into the R&D part of our sport has thought of this or not. So here is my idea: With the new Panthera, when you add the bottle to the front we loose the entire rail system. Would it be possible to make bottle clamps, I am thinking 2 would be needed, that had threaded inserts so we could bolt the OEM hand guard/m-lok to them. We would still loose the over barrel portion. I know there are different bottles, with different diameters so this would have to be taken into account. I think somebody with the ability to CAD and 3D print could make this a viable option for us.

There are many 3D printing nerds on this forums making really cool stuff for airguns. @SacramentoSam has made an entire stock!

Personally I don’t really like bottle mounts because it puts erasure on the bottle connection, although should be plenty study but I just don’t like the idea. I’m waiting for Saber tactical to come up with a proper lower arca/pic rail for the Panthera.

Reactions: blacksmith304
I have this double bottle mount https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Panthera-Bottle-Conversion-Set Im hoping the aluminum block will add some extra stability. I have used the Saber Tactical bottle mount for my crown for 2 years and have seen no adverse effect from it. I do agree with you on the saber tactical coming up with something. I was just thinking that someone might be able to make a few $$$$ from a "cheaper" way to get the rail system back.

Reactions: qball
I have this double bottle mount https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Panthera-Bottle-Conversion-Set Im hoping the aluminum block will add some extra stability. I have used the Saber Tactical bottle mount for my crown for 2 years and have seen no adverse effect from it. I do agree with you on the saber tactical coming up with something. I was just thinking that someone might be able to make a few $$$$ from a "cheaper" way to get the rail system back.

There are free bottle clamp pic rail 3D model ready to print that fits FX bottle, I printed one and it’s great. You can just print multiple and the line them up to form a longer rail.

I’m sure ST will make and extension of the bottle mount with a lower rail incorporated, just matter of time. In the mean time it doesn’t really hurt to try the 3D bottle clamps.

Reactions: blacksmith304
There are free bottle clamp pic rail 3D model ready to print that fits FX bottle, I printed one and it’s great. You can just print multiple and the line them up to form a longer rail.

I’m sure ST will make and extension of the bottle mount with a lower rail incorporated, just matter of time. In the mean time it doesn’t really hurt to try the 3D bottle clamps.
I dont have a 3d printer or I would. lol

Reactions: qball
I know nothing about 3D printing, so pardon me for asking dumb questions... If I design my own stalk or whatever, would someone be able to print it by using a hand-drawn blueprint with measurements? ... would you need a physical model to scan? ...or is there much more to it, such as having to write a new program for it like a mil operator would to run a custom part?