Umarex 3rd Zelos has Issues. Anyone else having issues??

Got my Zelos about a week ago and have put about 500 shots thru it with out any problem I didn't create myself. Right out of the box after zeroing the scope it shot 191 - 10X on the 30 yard challenge. When I fooled around and adjusted the trigger I got into a situation that required me to remove the barrel to dislodge a pellet....totally my fault. While adjusting the requlator and hammer spring I discovered that at 1800 psi on the regulator the hammer spring is too strong. The rifle still shoots great and I'm still fiddling with adjustment. So far no other complaints.
Hopefully for everyone else’s sake ’m just unlucky. Mine shot great and I liked it so much I’m on number 3 haha. The clipping on my #2 was strange even. Just every 5-10 shots and not terrible. Maybe throw it off 1/4” at 30 yards. Take it out to 75 yards I was shooting like 1/2”-3/4 groups on a good day. Then boom at that distance a 2-3” flyer.
Now my 3rd is leaking like 1st. Bout 100psi/day. It’s a bummer for sure

Agreed.

At least for me personally, I purchased a $2k gun after years of buying guns in the $100, $200, $300 range and now I'm buying $200.00 Notos and absolutely loving them!
I enjoy my Notos as well. It's an amazingly accurate gun despite it being grossly underpowered.
But wait, YOU take a Notos and turn it into a $1k gun....😈

Reactions: Firewalker
‘when I got my 1st Marauder I discovered you couldn’t bleed the pressure slowly, if you did it would leak every time. Now I just assume all PCP’s are like that & bleed them all fast. Wonder if the Zelos is the same?
Funny you say that my My P-rod check valve just did that today. I think it’s kinda common for them to stick. I had to take them apart and grease the little oring before.
I leak tested #1 and now #3 today. Even bought some leak detection spray ahaha. I wish it was a fill valve or gauge. I’m just cursed on the Zelos haha

Reactions: Rizz01
I enjoy my Notos as well. It's an amazingly accurate gun despite it being grossly underpowered.
But wait, YOU take a Notos and turn it into a $1k gun....😈

Indeed! For me, it's the journey, not the destination. There has been a long history of people modding cheap air guns in pursuant to increasing FPE and projectile speed. The Notos makes that easy to achieve but it takes skill and time to make it all work together.

Indeed! For me, it's the journey, not the destination. There has been a long history of people modding cheap air guns in pursuant to increasing FPE and projectile speed. The Notos makes that easy to achieve but it takes skill and time to make it all work together.
The Notos was my was started my PCP journey. I’ll never forget the first time I shot it. First I thought holy crap why is this thing so quiet. Must be something wrong and it has no power. Then I shoot the side of my tin barn. Didn’t think it was so weak anymore haha. Once I put it on paper I was hooked.

The Notos was my was started my PCP journey. I’ll never forget the first time I shot it. First I thought holy crap why is this thing so quiet. Must be something wrong and it has no power. Then I shoot the side of my tin barn. Didn’t think it was so weak anymore haha. Once I put it on paper I was hooked.

My first shot was exactly the same, I looked at the moderator thinking nothing came out.

Walked to my target and yupper, there was a hole.

I was hooked.

Vega, Citation and Monza, I bet GM would like to take all those back...

I had a Monza wagon, 350ci dropped on nicely...
I remember that the Manza came with a 305 motor. My Vega I had had one of those 305's in it. I found a Totaled Montecarlo with the same engine with only 1800 Mi when it was totaled. I Bought the Motor and Tranny for a song. lol I would rather have had a 350 but....

Reactions: Rizz01
I’m on my 3rd new Umarex Zelos from PA. Is anyone else having issues with there’s? I can’t be this unlucky? The guns shoot great but the Quality Control is unbelievable. I’m now on #3 which is probably going back. Let’s start from my first Zelos.

#1 Was leaking about 100psi a day. I checked all the basics I knew how without tearing it apart. I put a glove finger over the barre and it popped out. I believe it was something internal. Back it goes.

#2 This one had the most issues. I went to adjust trigger and a trigger linkage bar was bent/twisted. Not a huge deal but it made me shake my head.
Then I noticed pic rail on the tube was defective. It had a little chunk missing and crack. Not like a dropped and broke issues. It wasn’t molded correctly and they just threw it on anyways. I like the gun so let that slide to.
The final straw on number 2 was clipping. The gun was shooting lights out but every 5 or 10 shots it would send one to the right. I thought it was me at first. Was about to add a moderator then I noticed a line down the inside of the 1/2-20 adapter. Paint was missing so it was clipping. Painted that spot with a sharpie. Checked some basics then had a shooting session. Black sharpie mark gone, so yup clipping.
Tried a few things like flipping shroud,checking screws,etc. I’m guessing some misalignment(out of spec)is causing pellets to just miss the adapter each shot. Then every few shots or so you get a pellet off enough to clip. Definitely not risking my new moderator on it. Back #2 went.

#3 So lucky number 3 came last Friday. I opened it up and aired it up Saturday morning. Look at it Sunday and think I’m losing my mind. No way is another Zelos leaking. So I take a picture for next 3 days. It’s Tuesday now and the gauge is at around 3200. Time stamped photos show around 100 psi a day again.
Going to check the basics. Hope it’s something simple. I haven’t even shot it so maybe that’ll seal it up.Going out in the garage to mess with it now.

Sorry for the long post. I hate even writing this crap.Two of my Airgun buddies said it needs to be known.
Pyramid air has been awesome this whole time. Shout out to them. It’s not their fault and they are eating all these shipping cost.

Any others having issues? Other than some YouTube reviews. There’s very little feedback on here. I personally know guys that have zero issues with there’s.

Thanks
Rob

Added 3 pics of my leak on #3. No picture of Saturday when filled but it was at about right at the edge of the red. Sunday through Tues. about 100 psi/day.

View attachment 496804

View attachment 496805

View attachment 496806
So what did you end up doing with the 3rd one?