• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Accessories .457 Extreme Big Bore Partial gun...

Classified Status
NLA

mackeral5

Dec 24, 2018
AL, United States
I've been hanging onto these parts for a few years now. I do not plan to do anything with them, perhaps someone else has an interest. Basically a complete gun minus breech, bolt, barrel and barrel band. Everything else is there.

The gun was one of the later Extreme Big Bore .457's made before the operation moved to TX. It had barrel problems and in the process of replacing the barrel the breech was damaged. Ultimately the breech, bolt, barrel band were lost.... IIRC the gun originally had a 26.5" barrel. I recall these guns may have came with pressure tubes of varying lengths, this one measures 24" from valve to fill adapter.

My journey with this gun is documented over on GTA, a search for 457 extreme created by mackeral5 easily finds the thread.

The valve poppet was replaced with a peek poppet, which seals on the valve body itself. This greatly increased valve throat area and energy potential. The modification is fully reversible by removing the peek poppet and reinstalling the OEM valve seat and poppet, which is included in the parts.

Also amongst the parts is a hammer lightened to 115grams vs the OEM 170grams. There is also a new unmodified oem hammer... Using the lighter hammer drastically improved ES across a 3-5 shot string......

My notes show that as I received the gun, starting at 4500psi and shooting 254gr NSA slugs, 3 shots went 933, 844, 761fps. OEM spring. 1228fpe total energy with ES of 172fps

After the poppet mod and light hammer this changed to 3 shots of 969, 946, 896fps. Again, from a 4500psi fill, NSA 254gr, OEM spring. 1485fpe total energy with ES of 107fps.

The poppet mod delivered much more energy and when coupled with the light hammer and springs the gun could be tuned across a much broader range of energy levels and shot counts.

What you see in the pic is all that is left.

BGPMpyh.jpg

rPYjrt7.jpg

$400 OBO shipped to the lower 48, paypal F&F preferred. I have no idea what this stuff is worth so feel free to make an offer.

Will consider Taipan Veteran parts in trade.

If you are interested in specific parts, shoot me an offer.

Poppet, valve pics. The poppet is not pretty, but it performs very well. The tube has been sitting pressurized for over 3 years now.....

Again, if you want to use the OEM poppet and seal arrangement, it swaps right in. But I do not see why you would, given the results of the mod.

GpotO4h.jpg

dID7SxL.jpg

msBY3fj.jpg

Last edited: