Airforce 4th of July Sale

It came in Friday. Got out with it this morning and put quite a few rounds through it. 30 yards one hole easy....until the auto pita safety locked up. Easy fix and more enjoyable without the auto lock anyway. Very (pleasantly) surprised to get 670 fps with .25 cal 33.95 gn jsb mk2s.

20240721_111723.jpg

Reactions: Berserkeley Mike
Took a while but my huben 50cc condor/Tallon reg came in. I have been messing with it, with the test cap to find the sweet spot. Right now it seems to be 2000psi + - depending on whether or not you trust these gauges. Here on out everything is in psi.
I started out where it was set as shipped, around1500. Was shooting 34gn pellets @ around 560fps. I gave it(reg)one full turn open and that raised it to around 2500 + -. Quickly found that there wasn't enough hammer weight and or spring.
The hammer weight as received with delrin bushings was 45 grams. I made one from a peice of pipe 1.5 times the length as the one from airforce and turned to fit the bushings. This put me at 71 grams with the bushings installed and put the spring tension at half the power wheel adjuster with the the wheel at 0. Now to the meat and potatoes.
Right now at 2000 with the power wheel set at 4-4 I'm getting a very consistent 695 to 705fps.
After 4-4 on the power wheel I'm not gaining anything but speed will go down under that.
The tank is a tuxing .36l 4500psi and the reg is a huben condor/talon 50cc. The tank and reg assembled are the same length as the airforce 500cc tank and the butt plate fits. I bought a u adapter and a piece of 7075 round stock to mess around with, think talon meets panthera with the stock of the rifle being extra plenum space. So far I'm still just under the full price of a new talon ss shipped because of the 4th of July sale.

20240804_160241.jpg

20240804_160224.jpg