50 yard .22 pellet tests - Daystate Wolverine RHP

Even though I had done this test late last year, I decided to repeat it as I had another pellet choice or two in stock.

Utilizing my Daystate Wolverine RHP, at a laser ranged 50 yards, I shot two 10 shot groups each of the H&N Baracuda Match 21.14 (5.52) gr, the AEA Center Punch, the FX Airgun, the JSB Jumbo Monster Redesigned, and the JTS Top Dead Center pellets. All but the Baracuda pellets were in the "25.39" grain weighted variety.

It wasn't an ideal morning for testing, as the breeze was significant and variable, but then again, maybe that is one of the reasons the H&N pointed pellets did a little better than the conventional diablo pellets.

When I did this test the first time, it was at 8f yards, but interestingly enough, the Baracuda pellets came out on top in that test, too, with this particular rifle.

BTW - it is tuned to shoot the Baracuda's at an average velocity of 964, with an SD of 2.4 fps, producing just over 43 ft lb of energy.

1 - Rifle Image (L) 06.05.24.jpg
Pellet Test Results.09.15.24.jpg
Pellet Test Results #2.jpg

If this gun has a LW barrel like most Daystates do, I wonder why you are still shooting pellets out of it. Try .218 or .217 23gr, 25gr, or 28gr. H&N slugs at that power range. Slugs work better in the wind too.
Depends what his barrel's twist rate is.
I own a Redwolf and it has a 1:30 twist. That isn't enough to get a slug spinning fast enough. But, it will send pellets down range with laser accuracy.

Reactions: Dairyboy