• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

650 yards, 5 minutes of fun, NAC 2024

Reactions: humbled
My question is why do organizers keep putting meaningless limits on minimum muzzle energy (in this for 200fpe) ? If you use a light on the target or whether the hit will be visually seen by moving the target, that is up to each shooter.
If he knows he has equipment he can shoot accurately at that distance with, and knows that the impact energy is still sufficient to get the target moving due to the high BC slug, then these requirements are meaningless.
If there is a shooter who will not be able to hit the target, or it will be impossible to sure tell after a hit (due wrong energi or BC slugs), it is only to the detriment of that shooter, but it does not limit others shotrs.
650 yards is a normal distance for which even 100 fpe is enough for airgun. In Ireland and in the USA, .22LR is shot competitively even at 650 yards range, while the impact energy of .22LR due to low BC is half that for airgun and 100fpe than from airgun and suitable slugs, even just .22 calibre.
So what's the real reason for these minimum power limits?

My question is why do organizers keep putting meaningless limits on minimum muzzle energy (in this for 200fpe) ? If you use a light on the target or whether the hit will be visually seen by moving the target, that is up to each shooter.
If he knows he has equipment he can shoot accurately at that distance with, and knows that the impact energy is still sufficient to get the target moving due to the high BC slug, then these requirements are meaningless.
If there is a shooter who will not be able to hit the target, or it will be impossible to sure tell after a hit (due wrong energi or BC slugs), it is only to the detriment of that shooter, but it does not limit others shotrs.
650 yards is a normal distance for which even 100 fpe is enough for airgun. In Ireland and in the USA, .22LR is shot competitively even at 650 yards range, while the impact energy of .22LR due to low BC is half that for airgun and 100fpe than from airgun and suitable slugs, even just .22 calibre.
So what's the real reason for these minimum power limits?
I could be wrong, but it origionated as a Big Bore challenge, so .25cal+.

We would love to have you attend next year to experience the fun and friendship at NAC 2025.

Oh, I'm sure you would be allowed to shoot and M24 in all events. I hope to see you there.

Im not really impressed given the size of the projectiles. Here's my back deck furthest plate is 10" at 625 yards. You're welcome to shoot here. If you think you can do it..

20240530_183922.jpg

20240530_183931.jpg