FX 700mm FX King

So when the King came out I knew I had to have one. The GRS stock in brown with the front bottle with the power to shoot .22 slugs for long distance shooting was so appealing.
One of our fellow Peeps on here had one for sale in 600mm and I made a deal with him.

First up was I felt it would need a little more fuel so I ordered up a 700cc bottle.
The 580 bottle definitely is an improvement over the Panthera but I want the max shot count I can get.

Then came the stock, I have done a lot of stock refinishing over the years so this one got sanded and some layers of Tongue Oil to bring out the contrast of the colors.

I still only had a 600mm barrel and I knew that was limiting ultimate power for this gun.
Having a 700mm Crown showed me how efficient the 700mm barrel is.

Then I came across this thread https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/panthera-dynamic-plenum-shroud-combinations.1299538/ and the fuse was lit.
I talked to the US distributor for FX and they did not have all the pieces to make what I wanted so with some searching I found Europe Airguns had a large portion of the parts needed. Europe Airguns is first rate guys, they are out of Spain and they had parts to me faster than the parts I had to source here in the US, be aware though they are signature required on all deliveries.

There is a lot of parts

To make a full assembly that can be slid in as a whole you need.
Shroud tube,
Shroud cap
shroud cap insert in your caliber
700mm liner
aluminum barrel sleeve
transfer port for your caliber
Liner lock for the barrel sleeve
and last
a carbon fiber sleeve for your longer liner.
YIKES it was a lot.
And not cheap about $450 for all the parts shipped.

Yes you can save some money by using some parts from your 600mm kit, the shroud cap, the TP, the liner lock, and the shroud cap insert. But it is not a big part of the cost the other parts are.

So how did it come out?
Take a look.
I like my long guns for competition and this one is definitely in that category.

20240602_093345.jpg

20240602_092403.jpg

So it is capped off with an STO FALX which I love, between the extra large shroud and the FALX this gun makes only mechanical noise the shot is almost completely silent.

But it does hit hard.
At 160 bar and 3.75 on micro Tune He will shoot 40gr. .217 H&M Slugs at 952 fps for 80 ft lbs.
I definitely need to dial it in and probably need to go back up to 165 bar, but this is probably my least tuned airgun at the moment as I finished the build in the middle of a very hot summer here and have not been shooting like I usually do.
When it is done, I will use it for 100 yard competition so I can line up along side all those Pantheras, Dynamics, and Red Pandas with something a little different.

Here it is along side my 700mm Crown the lengths are almost identical.

20240602_095247.jpg

Last edited: