BSA A 25 caliber Steutzen!

I still want one in shooting condition. It was in the first half of the 80s, Beeman cataloged it. Was it BSA or perhaps Webley? Would like to find one. Does anyone have one or know of one to sell? I never saw one "up close and personal". I am sure I lost those catalogues in a basement flood. Still saddens me the literature I lost. I had Beeman and RWS catalogs for several years. Beeman was one of my favorite dreaming literature. NOT Playboy or that other garbage. I have been enamored of fine wood and steel my whole life. Airguns, cartridge, and muzzleloaders, all have pleased me over the years. And this system tells me I want to type Berman instead of Beeman! CONFOUND IT JIMMY ! ¡ ! Be Well Brothers, Bandito.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/201...u8-SuiqGjYyxKxwehpNgL-ETwsfCgGdLCfHKqpIby3_so
i would guess it is this one, now all the Stutzens no matter the brand be it Gamo, Diana or any others they are rare to find their way to the secondary market

thumbnail_IMG_4624.jpg

The .25 Airsporter Stutzens were all RB2 and not regular tap loaders. Yes, the later Stutzens (and Mk 7 Airsporters) were all RB2. Basically and internally a Gamo CFX. That's where the rotating tap of an RB2 Airsporter originates. They are pretty rare. Just like BSA's first .25 underlevers way back in 1908. An Improved Model D, by the way. RARE. And worth K's. Several. Probably only a handful .25 Stutzens made it to the US. If any, (show me one). There probably are some.... RB2 Stutzens weren't around yet in the 80's;)
Did I mention BSA's goofy Maxi Grip dovetail rail and how hard that makes servicing? Find out for yourself. Most tuners probably won't touch them. I have and don't want to unless It's absolutely necessary but not likely because I'm selling off most of my BSA's. BTW Stutzens can bring a lot more the the Blue (WAG) Book. I just sold one for much more. I think I had 5 recently and am selling them off.
The Gamo Stutzen is a real mess IMO. I have 2. And they used the pop up tap from the failed CF20. The pop up taps are fumbly and annoying to use. Same reason the HW57 goes nowhere. A crap tap! The Gamo S is a really queer underlever because of the extendable jack handle cocking lever. Fiddle with the lever, then fumble with that tap. FUN.
Most guys don't seem to like .25 springers. I do.

Reactions: Bandito