A non-petroleum distillate based oil recommendation

The manufacturer is recommending that particular type of lube oil be used because of the high pressures associated with pcp airguns, and the small likelyhood than an individual may get volatile petroleum based oil into the high pressure system or barrel where it can detonate and cause injury.

Here's what we use and where:

Pure silicone diver's lube, for non moving, static o-rings. Don't put silicone grease on any threaded parts.

Krytox GPL-205 for moving o-rings

Ballistol or Frog Lube cleaners on the outsides of the gun to prevent rust and acidic handling damage.

Pure silicone oil (commonly known as RC shock oil) for lubing pellets (if going that route)

This list is by no means exhaustive or exclusive.

The manufacturer is recommending that particular type of lube oil be used because of the high pressures associated with pcp airguns, and the small likelyhood than an individual may get volatile petroleum based oil into the high pressure system or barrel where it can detonate and cause injury.

Here's what we use and where:

Pure silicone diver's lube, for non moving, static o-rings. Don't put silicone grease on any threaded parts.

Krytox GPL-205 for moving o-rings

Ballistol or Frog Lube cleaners on the outsides of the gun to prevent rust and acidic handling damage.

Pure silicone oil (commonly known as RC shock oil) for lubing pellets (if going that route)

This list is by no means exhaustive or exclusive.
That pistol is actually co2 powered.

Air tool oil, Pellgun oil (which is what Crosman uses on co2, and it's nothing more than a petroleum diesel/air compressor oil), or hydraulic oil would be just fine.

But that's not what the OP was asking.

I see, so the next thing I should ascertain is if my "o-rings" are static or moving and get the appropriate oil for which ever it may be.

And I should also lubricate the pellets? I assume this is to protect the rifling inside the barrel from damage over periods of shooting.
There is absolutely no need to lube the pellets. They aren't going to wear the barrel in any way. Lubing pellets is simply for prolonging accuracy between cleanings, or increasing accuracy in some guns.

The only reason for lubing the gun at all is to keep the orings pliable and resist tearing. Just lube the gun per the manual and you'll be fine.

Reactions: AirgunAmateur