RAW Rapid A ruined RAW came for work !

I once read a sign in auto mechanic's office that read:
Rates: $45/hr or $90/hr if you tried to fix it yourself.
From my years as a commercial service tech ...

Yes indeed we who do commercial service on airgun do see Ham Fist wrenching and shotty machine work.

G.jpg

If I might make a suggestion .... :unsure:
The PEEK seat on the HP end of spool remain as factory has it, in having the material 100% within a pocket ( Surrounded by brass )
Extrusion or radial expansion will be less and the hard seat contacting it will dent it less over time & use.

JMO ...
Agreed. I did what you are advising. The peek seat is kept protected from extrusion in the pic. This seat has been made by my machinist.

The old piston doesn't appear to be repairable as it is also a bit bent.

I share the pic of old piston just for comparison.

Motorhead looks like you appreciate my work and results.

How do you compare this work with someone else :love: !!!
Understanding WHAT your doing needs to come before doing something blindly.
It appears you have that sorted and have made the connection with a capable machinist.

Last edited:
You've got to start somewhere! Good for anyone these days to take the initiative to learn anything. It's their dime, their time, their screwup, and a lesson they won't forget. Experience pays dividends in the end. The RAW owner's mistake was learning on a RAW, ouch! At least he had the sense to stop screwing it up and send it to a guy who can fix it.
Well, I was one of those people. First airgun I’ve ever took apart. 😱😬A background in precision machining gunsmithing on powder burners and silversmith with lots of tools. I bought a RAW hm1000x used . After a couple weeks it started leaking. So…..I start looking around I see Mubhaurs video order the o ring pack & start in.ask a bunch of questions & post some pics of this forum. ( thanks to all that helped me)I took it apart, blew it out with canned air, inspected parts with 10x loupe, cleaned & lightly lubed & changed o rings . It’s back together running 920 fps with 18 gr. Pellets.
I do agree though about “ bubbacizing” on guns or what I like to say, 98% of folks shopping at DIY stores , Lowe’s, Home Depot, shouldn’t.

I didn't count the number of my working hours. Plus I had to spend a lot of time with machinist to guide him what to do and to what extent. Regulator is new but modified as per my specs by the machinist.

Hence I am just talking about the cost as a TURN KEY PROJECT to give new birth to a ruined RAW.

I plan to make a video on RAW regulator.
Slugs in .22 RAW ( LW ) barrels for my attempts have been a struggle. So i would say about average there ;)

Cost .. is subjective unknowing HOW MUCH time/labor & outside payed to others you have invested and at what rate per hour ?

I didn't count the number of my working hours. Plus I had to spend a lot of time with machinist to guide him what to do and to what extent. Regulator is new but modified as per my specs by the machinist.

Hence I am just talking about the cost as a TURN KEY PROJECT to give new birth to a ruined RAW.

I plan to make a video on RAW regulator.
Ruined rifle is just a pile of parts not worth a thing until somethings needed elsewhere .... operational rifle for whats been invested .. WINNER !

Following are the 15 shots and 5 shots group at 75 yards of a new RAW HM1000X .22 which is made by Airforce and came to me with a bad barrel.

In a previous post I have shared how I got a BSA Hammer Forged barrel and installed on it.

Same 75 yards distance but 18.13 grain JSB pellets at 950fps and 15Km winds same day same time shooting. Shot by the owner who was with me there.

Following is 15 shots group at 75 yards
20240907_153053.jpg

Following is 5 shot group at 75 yards

Screenshot_20240908_041506_WhatsApp.jpg

Following is the gun
20240421_175721.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the whole thread.

Last edited:
I am extremely surprised what the user or some tuner has done to this RAW.

In reality the magazine is of .25 caliber. Someone applied electrical tape to convert it into .22

Not successful.

Pellet probe and transfer port with sealing O ring has been installed.

Gun looks nice but magazine cannot be used.

It Nisar Bhai's RAW HM1000X that can be used as single loading gun.

20240920_230610.jpg
20240920_230649.jpg
20240920_233710.jpg
20240920_233718.jpg
20240920_235819.jpg
20240921_001251.jpg
20240921_001257.jpg