A surprise to be sure....but a welcome one

Oh interesting. Yeah I've heard big elevation change can make a world of a difference in trajectory. I always shoot around 500ft elevation and never any change so never had to deal with that. Fun learning experience!
My zero elevation @ sea level POI is 5 clicks high @ 4400 ft of elevation!

Ok finally got a setting done on the Zulus at 12fpe and 10yds. At 5yds I'm sitting at 7 MIL holdover. At 15yds it's a 1.8 MIL holdunder. No wonder on tight shots where only a little of the pigeon was showing it was difficult to hit them. Now I know and should be good to go. Will probably try in the morning again if not the next morning.

Bakers Dozen + 1 .... nice shooting .... stupid flying rats 🥴
Yeah they are bad. We've decreased the flocks number dramatically this year. They got in the roof of our barn this year and was a disaster. We fixed everything up so they couldn't get in it again and now been wiping out the number. We had over 150 I'd say and we have easily killed over 100 this year. The numbers are much better but still too many like to congregate in the rafters in the open part of the barn making a mess.

Ok finally got a setting done on the Zulus at 12fpe and 10yds. At 5yds I'm sitting at 7 MIL holdover. At 15yds it's a 1.8 MIL holdunder. No wonder on tight shots where only a little of the pigeon was showing it was difficult to hit them. Now I know and should be good to go. Will probably try in the morning again if not the next morning.

Looks like a productive and fun night. It's a great reminder to know your poi at 10 yards . I like knowing in case I need to finish a wounded pest up close or that rare close range shot . Great job and nice to know you can lower the power on the Veteran down to 12 fpe . Did you just back off the hammer spring ?

Looks like a productive and fun night. It's a great reminder to know your poi at 10 yards . I like knowing in case I need to finish a wounded pest up close or that rare close range shot . Great job and nice to know you can lower the power on the Veteran down to 12 fpe . Did you just back off the hammer spring ?
Yeah I did. It's usually at 30fpe but for the close range pesting a quick turn of the HS adjuster works just fine.